• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

VVME.COM HID's...

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
Soooo continuing off of my WTB HID kit post in the classifieds, I recieved my HID kit that I bought from them in their Ebay auctions. Guess what, it didn't come with the power wires to hook the ballast up to the battery, NOR did it come with the relay! Anyone else that ordered one of these get theirs like this? I emailed them and they said the for sigle beam headlight HID kits don't come with the relay kit, only the dual beam kits do and it's $25 more for the relays... What kinda :censored: is that!!! So I responed to that and havn't gotten anything back from them as of this after noon...:mad:

NO WIRE GOES TO THE BATTERY!!!!
Is it the same link?

Can you take a picture of everything you have in the box?

hidkit_small_5.jpg

That is everything that you need to install this kit!!! That should of came in the box!!

Your headlight wires/plug powers the ballast/headlights.

They don't need a separate wire to the battery because they use less wattage then your stock headligts

I'm missing the relay part at the bottom left hand side of that pic. When I installed my last HID kit on my old CSVT that I bought in a group buy you had to hood up the ballast to the battery to power them. So I'm missing the fuse and relay. I think i'm gonna have to report them to Ebay because they havn't responded since I got the email back from them saying the relay was an extra $25 even though in their ebay auction and on their website shows the same pic as above and says in the discription that its included... Guess that's what I get for not spending the extra $100 some dollars and buying from Plasmagarage.com again...:nonono: Here is a Pic I just added of what I got, you can clearly see what I'm missing.
IMG_2122.jpg

I think your alittle confused. Because that is all you need to make them work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They plug and play into each other. YOu don't need the relay anymore. Unless you need to go with a bi-zeon setup :crazy: which then you wil need a battery wire. This kit is not a bi-zeon setup. If you wanted one then you need to return it and spend 92 dollars for the bi-zeon kit.

This kit is soo cheap your complaining over nothing. Wow man. Are you just really cheap or are you expecting good quality stuff to be dirt cheap??

:laugh: Well man, I'm just stressed about alot of crap lately and getting ripped off by some foreign country like China makes me even more mad. Haha Well i'll go try to hook it up, but I sware on my old CSVT I had to have a relay harness that hooks the ballast up to the battery. Stay tuned...

NO WIRE GOES TO THE BATTERY!!!!
Back to the exhaust section for you NOOB!

SOOOO much misinformation in this thread... You would be STUPID not to run a real wiring harness; drawing power from the battery is the only smart way to do it.

How about you all take a look at the stickies? Perhaps this part...

Pudmunkie's Mother:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing sticky! said:
So now you may be asking yourself, "so what all does a ballast do in general"? Well, here is a little bit of info on how flouresent ballast work and their basic simplicity. The same somewhat applies to automotive ballast. Our automotive ballast take in your cars DC power and converts it to AC current.
Quote:
Originally Posted by how stuff works.com wrote:

The simplest sort of ballast, generally referred to as a magnetic ballast, works something like an inductor. A basic inductor consists of a coil of wire in a circuit, which may be wound around a piece of metal. If you've read How Electromagnets Work, you know that when you send electrical current through a wire, it generates a magnetic field. Positioning the wire in concentric loops amplifies this field.

This sort of field affects not only objects around the loop, but also the loop itself. Increasing the current in the loop increases the magnetic field, which applies a voltage opposite the flow of current in the wire. In short, a coiled length of wire in a circuit (an inductor) opposes change in the current flowing through it (see How Inductors Work for details). The transformer elements in a magnetic ballast use this principle to regulate the current in a fluorescent lamp.

A ballast can only slow down changes in current -- it can't stop them. But the alternating current powering a fluorescent light is constantly reversing itself, so the ballast only has to inhibit increasing current in a particular direction for a short amount of time. Check out this site for more information on this process.

Magnetic ballasts modulate electrical current at a relatively low cycle rate, which can cause a noticeable flicker. Magnetic ballasts may also vibrate at a low frequency. This is the source of the audible humming sound people associate with fluorescent lamps.

Modern ballast designs use advanced electronics to more precisely regulate the current flowing through the electrical circuit. Since they use a higher cycle rate, you don't generally notice a flicker or humming noise coming from an electronic ballast. Different lamps require specialized ballasts designed to maintain the specific voltage and current levels needed for varying tube designs.

With that being said, you now know the basics of what all is going on inside a ballast. The DC power from your car is being turned into AC power to supply the charge needed to power up the HID bulbs. The ballast throws out 23k +/-1-2k of volts to the HID bulbs upon start-up often refered to as warm-up. This is when you seeing HID trun on and start to change colors and get brighter as they warm. This usually lasts only around 25 seconds or so on OEM ballast. Cheaper aftermarket ballast tend to warm-up longer thus causing premature bulb life loss.

Sometimes when people first get HID, they tend to show boat infront of their friends turning their HID off/on rapidly. Is this good some say? The answer is no. If you've ever seen HID turned off and on you would of noticed a 4100k turns redish-orange for a second. This is the bulbs way of saying OUCH! What happens is the bulbs have already created Xenon gas to for the light but hasn't cooled back into salts and then when the bulbs are turned back on, the ballast are sending out a start-up of 23k volts which IS NOT a good thing. The bulbs already had enough Xenon in them to supply light and didn't need the 23k shot to them. This kills bulb lifespan.

So you've learned about ballasts and bulbs now. Lets move on to the wiring now shall we....

Some people out there just aren't aware of the dangers with wiring HID straight off of your existing oem wiring. Should a relay be used to power HID, yes and always needs to be used. Why you ask perhaps? Your oem halogen equiped car was never designed or intended from the manufacturer to use or run high voltage/high current/ high amperage HID ballasts. Ballast draw a imense amount of amps upon start-up and could very seriosuly damage your wiring and not just at where its connected. We are talking serious damage to fuse boxes, ecu's, or worse could short and cause fires on very old cares that even have a hard enough time trying to power halogen. The reason why is, that when the ballast "demand" power, your car has to supply it from somewhere. Lets say its tapped into your oem headlight wire ok. Now you power up the ballasts, the draw current from your wiring, your wiring might not be up to the task so its needs help, t searches for a source and before you know it, you've now weakend not only one source but two now just to try and supply the ballast good clean power. This is why a relay harness is needed. A relay harness gets its power straight from the battery via relays. These relays are then wired to go to your ballasts now.

To understand how a relay works, go here:http://www.mgcars.org.uk/electrical/body_relays.html<----Excellent link

More about relays! http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

-or this one-

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/relay1.htm<-------link
:nonono::nonono::nonono:

And no, the VVME kits do NOT come with relays. If read the fine print (somewhere, i don't remember where) they are only required to provide the power wires.

Back to the exhaust section for you NOOB!

NO!!!!!!! :eek: .

Good write up. Did you ever measure the current being taken and sent to the ballast? What would it be running at? how much is need to power this specfic ballast?

Your headlight wires/plug powers the ballast/headlights.

They don't need a separate wire to the battery because they use less wattage then your stock headligts

Owned By Pud :laugh:

I measured the wattage at the Headlight, before and after installing my HID kit, and it was less with the HID. I'll take a measurement before the ballast while turning them on.

Owned By Pud :laugh:

I measured the wattage at the Headlight, before and after installing my HID kit, and it was less with the HID. I'll take a measurement before the ballast while turning them on.

I was under that assumption

That way its using less power and won't be frying any wiring etc.

As long as the ballasts do not draw over 5A no damage can be done. Someone needs to see how much current the ballasts take during warm up.

Why order a relay from them when it costs $4 at the auto parts store?

Because the one he ordered has all the wiring hooked up already for the kit and is simple plug and play.

I had problems running mine off the headlight plugs, so I used the relay kit and ran it off the battery. That fixed it.

Eh? I'm lost.

I still don't know what he is complaining about. The product he bought is identical to what your suppose to get. All 7 kits i purchased work great.

My friend had a bad bulb after 1 week, so he called VVME and had a part shipped to him. VVME paid for the shipping to him and all he did was send the bad part back free.

If he is upset because he didn't;t get the replay. he can spend the 25 dollar more. Heck its better than the 150 dollar Hod's that were selling on here.

BTW. If you order the parts from VVME they come FROM USA. NOT CHINA!!!!!!!! IF YOU NEED REPLACEMENT PARTS. THEY COME FROM USA NOT CHINA!!

But does their $25 relay plug in any differently?

Nope, it is plug and play also, but it runs to the battery. The way VVME explained it, the bi-zeon setup needs more power, which is why the relay is needed.

I wish he could explain himself more i guess. I have no idea what he really wants/needs.

Back