• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Voodoo shift knob official GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been slacking guys and apologise but I did send him an email about 2 min ago asking where we stand at the moment on these. he told me before that it could be 6 weeks for the production and some more time for powdercoating which means we should be getting decently close here. I have bee extremely busy and have been going thru some terrible times in the recent weeks. I will stay on top of this though guys! You wont be dissappointed. As I said before though any of you that would like a refund feel free to let me know and I'll gladly do so cause I get pms constantly about adding to the order so your spot will be filled right back up!

updates!!!!!!

Here is the email I just got from Tom

Trey,

Good to hear from you. As you know we started production mid July, and I believe the machining is done. We've been having some issues lately with our powder coater so I'll need to check on where we are with that. But we should be pretty close.

so im confused, are the piano black knobs powdercoated? im assuming not, and if thats the case do we have to wait for the ones that are powdercoated or will ours be shipped once they are done?

so im confused, are the piano black knobs powdercoated? im assuming not, and if thats the case do we have to wait for the ones that are powdercoated or will ours be shipped once they are done?
idk if you worded that wrong or what but are you saying that the black knobs arent powdercoated? If so I'm trying to figure out where your finding solid slabs of black aluminum?:help: Of course the black ones have to be powdercoated, how else are they going to get a black finish? But to answer your question, all of the knobs will be shipped to me at one time to cut down on my shipping costs that i cut my own throat on:blackeye: Please be patient it will be very well worth your wait i can assure you:cool:

lol sorry man I don't know much about metals and all, not trying to be pushy I just am really looking foward to getting this thing!

:cool:Thanks for the update, im not in a real big hurry as my car isnt running lol!!

Cant wait just let me know when it is shiped!!

No biggie for me - sheared the shift tower bolt yesterday, so I wont be shifting until I get that fixed..... today after lunch in the parking lot.. :nonono:

wheh, thats a releif. I thought by upgrading to the 02 cougar mtx shifter knob I would've addressed this design flaw with the shifter fluid leakage. But the leaking is so bad its pooling in my leather shift boot, its stained my carpets purple and my homeowners association is fining me $25 a day for the marks its leaving in the parking lot. But now that I know toms on the case, I think I can muster through these fines until it arrives.

mmm what is with the shifter fluid leakage i hear about? is it something making fun of somebody like blinker fluid or is it real...lol

Thanks for the update Icy, again I appreciate all your effort on this I know these shift knobs are gonna be very cool! Thanks Again

mmm what is with the shifter fluid leakage i hear about? is it something making fun of somebody like blinker fluid or is it real...lol

its just a joke about people not being able to wait for their knobs because if they don't get them they can't fix their car, lol.

Now, if they're having issues with their powdercoater, could we just send them to Joe (Blu_Fuz) and have them maybe knock down the price on the knobs?

I'd rather see the money go to a CEG'er and if we did that they could be PC'd any colors we wanted...

Just an idea... ;)

his last email just a day or 2 ago said they were at the powdercoater and would be done soon but are in line to be done very soon guys. Shouldnt be too much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back