• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Topshop hoods

Topshop hoods

Votes: 37 37.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 17 17.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 8 8.0%

Votes: 13 13.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to keep this thread alive. We can talk about these hoods until we're blue in the face, but until we get some real cost estimates we're just gonna be a bunch of blue faced, hoodless, freaks:shrug:

Im with ya on that one. Its really a matter on us choosing a design and once that is done heading over to top shop and talking to them about how much we are looking at price wise.

- amyn

Im with ya on that one. Its really a matter on us choosing a design and once that is done heading over to top shop and talking to them about how much we are looking at price wise.

- amyn
from the looks of things the design has been chosen:shrug:

glad i got my fiberglasss evo style hood when i did, cause the hood you guys like is ugly! good luck with the next hood endeavor...

glad i got my fiberglasss evo style hood when i did, cause the hood you guys like is ugly! good luck with the next hood endeavor...

Yeah I'm a fan of the cowl hood myself, but i guess its not really what I want but what the majority wants. I'm just anxious for something to get made.

Get me a decision and I'll get it made up for you and get a price out.
Thanks
Justin B

Get me a decision and I'll get it made up for you and get a price out.
Thanks
Justin B

Hood 1 looks to be what everyone likes. i have a question though. Do you anticipate one design being more expensive to make than other? And if so which ones

Last edited:
wow hood 1 is fugly. has anyone considered photoshopping the other hoods onto contours to give a fair comparison. hood 1 is the only one thats been seen as a sort of "finished product" aside from the one on the orange contour and no one will vote for that simply because it's on an orange tour. im no good with photoshop but if someone could do quick ones with the other hoods, i think it would give a much more fair comparison

Ok i just got a PM from Topshop. It looks like we aren't going to get a hood until winter. In the meantime i think we should get at one or two solid designs ready for them, so when they're ready we will be as well. If you don't like the designs that are on the first page of this thread feel free to list something better

Im still awaiting a hood I dont mind...My friends and I want to do something similar as well so they are both awaiting a new hood to be designd and made.. I really want the Top Shop CF hood work to be done..... I am willing to purchase....will get the money one way or another

- amyn

If you guys can come up with a hood you all like we will make it for you. We would like to have 30 people that wants the same hood. If we make the hood you guys want it will be fully vacuum bagged to keep it light and stong.

If you guys can come up with a hood you all like we will make it for you. We would like to have 30 people that wants the same hood. If we make the hood you guys want it will be fully vacuum bagged to keep it light and strong.

Looking at the designs that are on the first post of this thread, do you forsee one design costing more to make than another?

hoods with big vents ! The carbon fiber weave atends to get crooked. What do you guys what to pay? I know shipping is going to be anywhere from 120-190.

I honestly would like to see you guys make an evo style hood, Thats really what I want & I know alot of people here will agree w/ me. The hood thats thats in the lead is OK, & the hood I voted for, #7 looks like it is not that popular. Both #1 & #7 look like simple designs to make.
You guys can't go wrong w/ the evo style but 30 hoods???? I've got my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
If hood #1 is the hood that gets sent to topshop, with a reasonable price you have 1 buyer right here.

I have 3 on order alone for the Evo.... The Naca style/cowl number one I am willing to get it if it goes into production not sure about my 2 friends.

- amyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back