• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is getting ridiculous.......

Like I really wouldve swiped it from you :rolleyes: I wouldve just asked how much you wanted for the strut tower brace if you sell it lol! :laugh:

I never said you would. :shrug:. I have bought cars sight-unseen for more than this one. I knew I couldn't loose, so no need to ask for help when it wasn't needed.

Strut bar might be for sale. I think it is 3 different colors for some reason :confused:.

I never buy a car sight unseen, I don't care how much it is. Avoids a trip like yours to MN to find out its a POS and I'm gonna lose my a$$. Did you see that black one off of 23 near Falls? Its the one that was by my house. I might end up with it this spring to part. He keeps dropping his price to nothing lol! I'm gonna low ball him after the snow melts :)

Yeah, that MN '99 silfro svt I bought was the worst one yet. There wasn't much good stuff on it. I still made quite a bit on that car too. You will always make your money back, that's the nice part.

Luckily for me, the tan interior parts he screwed up with the stereo install, I have extras of everything. Car should be minty fresh when I'm done with it.

This would be my first "part out" car that I will actually save. Too nice to kill it.

Here's the 99 black svt with the duct tape sunroof you tried to jump through, haha - That picture makes me laugh every time I look at it :laugh:. This car was icky too. Had a dead mouse in the trunk, two nests, the rear door was closed with a sledge hammer, it was hit by a truck down one side, and he managed to blow the motor up too :nonono:.

Parts004.jpg

Here's the 99 black svt with the duct tape sunroof you tried to jump through, haha - That picture makes me laugh every time I look at it :laugh:. This car was icky too. Had a dead mouse in the trunk, two nests, the rear door was closed with a sledge hammer, it was hit by a truck down one side, and he managed to blow the motor up too :nonono:.

Parts004.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! good times!

I took the front speakers out of this to put in my truck and to replace the interior door panels that the previous owner cut holes into. Work on this should begin as soon as I have moola for my 3L engine......

so thats what your place really looks like, its different without the snow. im glad i got something to replace that t handle shifter, it was horrid to drive with

Haha, yeah - it looks nice here when there is no damn snow :laugh:. Glad your swap worked out for ya. The hurst shifter was sweet, you should have kept it in the car!

it might come back, but if it does it will be a vertical pistol grip. i think i need to adjust the cables, it can be hard getting all the way in gear sometimes, mostly 2nd

Real work began today. I should be done with this by the end of April and it will be for sale. 30k '04 3L and built trans.

4-3-10001.jpg

4-3-10013.jpg

4-3-10007.jpg

awesome man! I was going to bump this thread a little while back and ask about the progress of this car but I guess I don't have to do that now!

So you are going to sell it? I thought you were thinking about keeping it?

I only need one built contour. How would I be able to choose which car to drive if I had a built 3L SVT and EGPLNT? Need moola more than the car.

Sad to see it go, really :cry:.

how much you gonna be looking for it? I am thinking about getting a new car before college possibly..

I just took a pile of brackets, valve covers, timing cover, etc to the powder coater........ wait, that's me! :laugh:

T-red valve covers
Black UIM
T-red pullys
Silver timing cover
Silver oil pan
Black or silver engine mounts
T-red OMP strut bar
T-red TB
T-red MAF housing

I might coat the calipers or just paint them, not sure yet.

I only need one built contour. How would I be able to choose which car to drive if I had a built 3L SVT and EGPLNT? Need moola more than the car.

Sad to see it go, really :cry:.

thats like me with the SeVT and the SVT. The SVT is definately more or a cruising car. So I plan to drive it on trips and outings on the weekends. the SevT is for fun and car shows and maybe some trips, depending. so each is suited for one thing more then the other. its tough but also nice to have the choice.

Back