• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is getting ridiculous.......

You always find amazing deals. WTH! Thats awesome! I call dibs on the strut bar if you don't want it :)

Frosty, this car was only a few minutes away from your house. I don't know how you missed this one. I really thought you would have had it home already by the time I even contacted the owner the first time. It was listed for 4 days before I sent him an email.....

I will go check out the list to see who had it. This guy I bought it from had it at 17k miles and he knows about 3Ls and some of the work involved in swapping. He was in the process of relocating the battery and installing an accusump.

12-1-09003.jpg

Negatory Sam, it is a return system.

I checked the registries for previous owner and it was never logged in on either list.....

wow fo real!!! This make me wonder how close to final production did they become returnless. There are only 634 cars left.... And I know for a fact that some late 99s were returnless.

We were talking about this the other day over the phone werent we?

Actually after we talked and I found this one, I couldn't wait to look at the door jamb to see when it was built :laugh:. Trying to narrow down when they switched from return to returnless is kinda fun.

Yeah, the build date 8-99 svt I had was returnless and this one is late 4-99. So within a 3 month span the change took place. What was your build month again?

How you come across this crap is beyond belief!

got to always be looking for it. you wouldnt beleive some of the crap i come across. plus i have a curse that every silver svt ive owned always comes back to me

I have hundreds of hours into looking for SVTs. I stopped looking for a little over a week because I was on "truck hunting" duty. I just typed in my regular searches, and found this one. I didn't even have the last parts car out of the garage yet :laugh:. I can only have one at a time.

Very nice find Joe, luv the t reds w/tan. I would think it's a keeper. :drool: I'm surprised as well about the fuel injection, thought more of the 99's were returnless. Mine was built 6-30-99 and is, yours must be close to one of the last so equipped.

Is one style (return/less) preferred over the other? I'm kinda new to the problems that each has. What is "better"?

One would think that there must be some advantage to returnless type for them to have changed it. I could see how it would cost less and simplify things in assembly and production, but is it any better?

It was by me?? What the hell?? I have been looking at houses lately, so no time to look for SVT's. Damnit Joe! LOL. I would've at least went to look at it for you! :laugh:

I didn't want anyone to look at it for the price he wanted. The pictures told me enough ;).

Back