• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is getting ridiculous.......

A guy I know in the area called me and asked if I was the one that was getting this t-red. He saw it for sale too and I told him yes and he had offered the guy $ for it.

Some of you think I am a low balling fool, but this guy is crazy! He offered the owner $300, not kidding :nonono:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the worst offer I have seen yet! haha.

Mine was higher obviously :laugh:.

I can't do a deal quite yet. I need to get it home first :laugh:. I'll call you Josh.

Lol I know!!! Don't remind me. It sold before I could get to the bank. Anyways, when are you suppose to get this one? If you're selling I'm interested.

Story is: it is on it's second trans after 50k mark and doesn't shift properly still and the motor has the rod out the side of the block. There was NOS on this motor too :blackeye:.

It will be getting 3L and different working trans, maybe a build one.

Needs tires, brakes, battery box, interior pieces, minor paintless dent removal, stock mesh, etc....

When I am done with it, it will have everything fixed and as close to show room condition as I can get it.

Story is: it is on it's second trans after 50k mark and doesn't shift properly still and the motor has the rod out the side of the block. There was NOS on this motor too :blackeye:.

It will be getting 3L and different working trans, maybe a build one per request.

Needs tires, brakes, battery box, interior pieces, speakers, radio, jack cover(s), minor paintless dent removal, stock mesh, etc....

When I am done with it, it will have everything fixed and as close to show room condition as I can get it.

I wonder if the clutch slave was never bled properly.. resulting in poor shift quality. Those slaves can be a pain

Got it home and here is the scoop. This car is nicer than expected so I think I will be fixing it and possibly keeping it too. We hadn't seen the car yet and it is something we are considering keeping around.

The NOS was never hooked up, just had the line ran.

I am kind of beside myself because of all the stuff he included with it that I had no clue he had. He never said anything about the extra things that I get. I got so much more than ever expected and am very happy I got this deal.
Came with:
-borla cat back
-B&M short shifter
-6.5" Alpine 50RMS type-s with crossovers and seperate tweeters in front doors
-6x8" Rockford Fosgate rear door speakers
-amp under drivers seat for door speakers
-OMP strut bar
-Taylor red spark plug wires
-SVT certificate
-NOS braided line ran from front of car to rear
-SVT floor mats
-all jack covers
-Panasonic CD player w/remote
-BAT intake tube
-2 new intake kits
-battery

Well, I am not keeping it because I am not in the market for another car to keep. I will build it for anyone that puts a down payment on it.

I know it is finally the color combo, and the low miles I wanted forever, but I have moved on to a truck that we really needed. EGPLNT fills the void for my lead foot :laugh:.

After I get it and do an inspection and initial cleaning, I will either list it for sale as a "let me build you a 3L svt" or as parts. If I get KBB value for it in good-to-great condition after I am done, I will be happy. This would be a fantastic and cheap 3L purchase for someone around $4k.

Copy catter

Find me a black one!!!

I have a black one 3L too.

Got it home and here is the scoop. This car is nicer than expected so I think I will be fixing it and possibly keeping it too. We hadn't seen the car yet and it is something we are considering keeping around.

The NOS was never hooked up, just had the line ran.

I am kind of beside myself because of all the stuff he included with it that I had no clue he had. He never said anything about the extra things that I get. I got so much more than ever expected and am very happy I got this deal.
Came with:
-borla cat back
-B&M short shifter
-6.5" Alpine 50RMS type-s with crossovers and seperate tweeters in front doors
-6x8" Rockford Fosgate rear door speakers
-amp under drivers seat for door speakers
-OMP strut bar
-Taylor red spark plug wires
-SVT certificate
-NOS braided line ran from front of car to rear
-SVT floor mats
-all jack covers
-Panasonic CD player w/remote
-BAT intake tube
-2 new intake kits
-battery

HOT DAMN!

Holy good deal batman.

You have had some great luck buying vehicles recently..... Mind sending some of that mojo my way? I feel like I didnt underpay enough for my wife's bonneville.

Back