• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is getting ridiculous.......

hurry up and part out a black one. i need a good shell :p

yeah! what he said!

that carpet was pretty nasty but everything came out pretty good. it blows me away that people can let their cars get that dirty

did you clean the seats at all? if you did, i was just wondering what you used?

like i said before someone is getting one hell of a car, awesome job on all the work so far

We have this thing called a "little green pre-heat". It is a spot cleaning portable machine that makes hotness. I will do a before and after shot I think.

I am not pulling the entire carpet, just the seats and console to acess all the crevises.

I actually found that it was easier to clean the carpet in the car then out of the car. in the car the body supports the carpet so its easier to "dig in" to clean it. but then again i used a spray cleaner and a brush, not a carpet machine to clean it.

I actually cleaned the carpet with a spray cleaner and a stiff brissle brush then shop vac'ed it while it was still wet. I didn't want to gunk up our Bissel Little Green Pro-Heat because we use it on our white couches too.

I agree about cleaning the carpet in the car because you really can dig into it.

The seats were kinda grungie looking so I used the carpet cleaner and that stiff brush to clean the seat bottoms too. Now I just have to condition the leather and clean the door panels/dash/and floor mats.

I should have had this running last night but I couldn't figure out what the deal was. The fuel pump wasn't working so I changed it out a little bit ago. Started right up. No viideo :blackeye:.

I want to buy this car so bad!

Amazing work Joe! You would think this was going to be your own personal car with all the attention to detail and craftsmanship you have put into it. Amazing :drool:

I should have had this running last night but I couldn't figure out what the deal was. The fuel pump wasn't working so I changed it out a little bit ago. Started right up. No viideo :blackeye:.

Thanks to whom? :cough: :cough: Cmon man CEG doesnt even know Im alive.

The combined efforts of all got this car started. I had talked to sam about the car last night before I posted about it. He too said check the fuel pressure or "are you getting fuel?" I just told him I could smell gas after cranking. So today after the posts from you guys and talking to sam again, I checked for the fuel pump "hum", and sure •••• - no pump.

It's all good. Seriously, I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Mysiiqueviltwn, thank you. It is much harder to make these cars perform AND powder coat/paint. It takes 2x as long and you have to be much more carefull not to scratch everything up.

BTW. I have just a few things to button up but I should be able to drive it tomorrow! YAY!

The chrome focus svt wheels look sick on this car :drool:.

Back