• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

I am going to post up some stuff for you guys later. When we left the cabin I made a detour down the foothills parkway to the dragon and on to the cherohala back to home. I had her take some video and a ton of still shots. There is also now a brand new gas station at the corner of the cherohala and 129. They have 100% pure gas no ethylene content at all, not to mention they have a pump with 110 in it they call dragon fuel:crazy:

sweet, i really want to see how the SVT runs on pure gas, instead of this 10% ethylene crap.

BTW guys, i may be bringing the fiance (that's right, the GF and I are now engaged as of Saturday) along with me if i can convince her to go.

sweet, i really want to see how the SVT runs on pure gas, instead of this 10% ethylene crap.

BTW guys, i may be bringing the fiance (that's right, the GF and I are now engaged as of Saturday) along with me if i can convince her to go.
Congrats Dan! We'd better be invited to the wedding!:laugh:
They were building that gas station last year!

Congrats Dan:cool:

I remember that gas station, it was on the right when we were heading back to the cabins. I bet they get a little bit of business, especially when you consider Deals Gap resort only has 2 pumps and its usually crowded when you get in there, especially in a car:crazy:

I checked the xceedspeed site and there are a couple definates that are going, but until I see the reservations thread updated, I'm not holding my breathe. I told them I wanna meet up with the guys who wanna go about a month before our run, then we'll see where we're at with that.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that I'm still the last post in the reservations thread. Oh well.

I did get some new fat tires on the Jeep though. 275/front 315/rear!:shocked:

I have to ask, since you were there, did you check out the Devils Triangle and get the low down for us:shrug: BTW, the car looks great!
the devils triangle really isnt very close to the dragon relatively speaking anyway. I will get to do that soon though. I have a few plans of attack that I am going to post and get opinions on and stuff cause we could go a few different ways from what it looks like on the map. I think I have a route planned out that will work including a run from the cabins down the cherohala, thru the dragon, cutting off on hwy 72 to hwy 411, then we go to 95, then hit 321 go across the dam there is a nice look out if we want to hang there for a min. then 321 goes on up across I75 and I40 to the area where the triangle is. I havent gotten past this far yet but check a map and see what you guys think so far.

Back