• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The first FI'd Zetec 'tour is back in the family.

I am very disappointed. I wish I had the cash to go through with something like this. Then I could say to everyone, "Yeah, well Zetec THIS!" haha!

i think it could be managed with an ATX, probly need a new torq converter and maybe a few other mods. :shrug: but what ever floats your boat dude

OK, I've come to my senses. The more that I thought about things, I'm now planning on getting the HOC back into stock trim. I'm going to go ahead and throw my T3-S60 on the MTX and have some fun with it. Nothing extreme but enough to learn how to tune it and surprise a few people. I already have a spare motor and clutch that I got for practically nothing.

Daniel, I hope that I get everything together by SZ. It'd be cool to have two T3-S60 Zetecs up against each other at the strip. We could take turns embarrassing the NA 3L guys. :)

I'll keep the HOC until I finish the MTX turbo build and then it's off to another lucky owner.

BP

Last edited:
OK, I've come to my senses. The more that I thought about things, I'm now planning on getting the HOC back into stock trim. I'm going to go ahead and throw my T3-S60 on the MTX and have some fun with it. Nothing extreme but enough to learn how to tune it and surprise a few people. I already have a spare motor and clutch that I got for practically nothing.

Daniel, I hope that I get everything together by SZ. It'd be cool to have two T3-S60 Zetecs up against each other at the strip. We could take turns embarrassing the NA 3L guys. :)

I'll keep the HOC until I finish the MTX turbo build and then it's off to another lucky owner.

BP
I guess that means i need to hunker down and get to work on getting the car ready for SZ.

BTW, Thanks Ben. I needed the motivation to get everything together for SZ

i didnt forget about it, in fact i wish it was my daily driver (more power AND better MPG :D) i just have lacked the funds to start getting it ready.

my list of things i need to do before SZ:
order and install the ksport coilovers - biggest thing on my list
replace the tierod ends -i have them i just need to install them
replace the brake tubing to the rear brakes - this is going to suck (have to drop the rear subframe)
finish the rear disc conversion - need the correct brake lines :blackeye:
remove the back seat - removed for space (got to fit 4 wheels/tires, tools, clothes, maybe some parts without folding seats)
get and install another oil pressure gauge (for the turbo oil pressure) - not necessary but would be nice to have
get the tune corrected so it starts on the first try - if i could get ahold of them it would be easier
replace the HVAC face - just need to get to the JY one day
get and install the larger SVT rotors
order track day pads and extra rotors
send the scan gauge back for reprogramming - also not necessary

finish the rear disc conversion - need the correct brake lines :blackeye:

replace the HVAC face - just need to get to the JY one day

Do you need a set of rear disc e-brake cables? I accidentally ordered two sets when I did my rear disc conversion.

Also, about the HVAC panel... I'm going to be parting out my wrecked '96 ATX over the next couple of weeks if you could use the one out of there.

Later,
Ben

Last edited:
i have a set of cables for the conversion but i probably need to replace the ones on the SVT since one of them was freezing when it got cold. im not worried about it right now since it has warmed up but you might bring them to SZ and ill get them from you there. as for the HVAC panel, i can just pick up a face plate at the JY for next to nothing so ill probably just do that.

I do need the steel brake lines that run from the passenger side, over the rear subframe and then to both brakes. one of them broke while removing the old brake line and both are extremely rusted (i guess thats what i get for an 11 year old car :D)

edit: Ben, do you still need/want the EGR pipe? if you let me know tonight ill get it shipped out tomorrow. (finally found a box that it will fit in :D)

Last edited:
Things have gone full circle. I now have a job that will consume all of my free time for the next few months. I have no time to put a car back together let alone supercharge it.

Check the classifieds.

I have the car, an almost-new Focus motor, the Focus SVT supercharger, FRPP head, new stainless Cougar 4-1 manifold, and a SVT exhaust.

With some work, a lucky CEG'er could have one helluva car.

Without nitrous/intercooling, you are looking at 250HP. With forged pistons and rods and intercooling/meth injection 300+HP.

If it's not sold by the end of October, it's getting crushed. :help:

Later,
BP

Back