• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ07 Gingerman thread!

Well they are RCE hats... but they do not come with the coilovers themselves. I'll PM you the pricing and stuff so it doesn't look like I'm trying to be some baller on here.

LOL good luck with that. After like 3 laps your gonna wish you had street tires on.

I ain't got no street tires worth a crap. I think it'll be ok. I've driven for long periods of time fairly hard with them on with no trouble. My main problem is that I ain't got enough negative camber. But like I said, they get hot, I'll let em cool off.

I would be intrested to see lap times. I will be running fairly new bridgestone potenzas. Will see how they do. I bet Stoobie will be intrested for sure.

I'd love to know what my lap times are just for personal improvement, but I'm in no position to go taking on all of CEG with my driving skillz!:crazy:

Ditto - I'm racing myself, and myself alone. 'Course, if I have the best lap times, don't think I won't remind everyone from time to time *cough*Barge*cough*.

I am, however, looking forward to a go-kart rematch from the Detroit meet in '04 (or was it '03...?).

Nope sorry I don't use AutoX tires on a road course. I highly doubt they aren't gonna overheat during a 20min session.

They are not just autocross tires. They are actually the Spec tire for a road race series. Even the faster, softer V710 holds up well for most cars and road courses.

You should learn to not speak when you don't have any facts. BS belongs in CI, not here.

From tirerack's website:

"The VictoRacer V700 is the original competition member of the Kumho high performance tire family. It is a DOT-legal, race-winning tire which, by capturing national championships at the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Tire Rack Solo II Nationals and SCCA Road Racing Runoffs, has proven its capabilities in both autocross and road racing competition."

I guess those people that have won national championships in scca road racing just got lucky that they didn't overheat. I trust your judgement on what tires a b2 bomber should use but I don't think you're quite the authority you'd like to be on performance tires, especially ones you haven't used.

Though like I said it doesn't really matter to me if they do overheat, it's just having fun in a street car, not racing for money or anything. Besides, they're still better than any street tires I have for the car right now.

Ohh sorry I stand corrected

Also I forgot you are the for most expert of racing on CEG sorry.

Last edited:
You should learn to not speak when you don't have any facts. BS belongs in CI, not here.

Nope not gonna happen. Spec series tire or not doesn't mean is some amazing thing that i should write home about.

You can see what a real R compound tire looks like at SZ.

Why don't you take a little time off. This is not opinion here - this is tech. I WILL NOT tolerate blatant bullcrap like that. See you in a week. Maybe you can read up a little during that time, or go to the track and run a session on Victoracers.

Ill be at the track on thursday and Ill inform you of how my R3s05's are :)

Your gonna ban me for what reasoning? Ya congrats. I don't agree with your opinion and becuase your a mod you can ban me?

Back