• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ07 Gingerman thread!

Ill smoke your ranger, you better get some victoracers I hear they are lightning fast

You need at least a Snell approved helmet. They don't specify what rated helmet or from what I last saw any other specific safety equipment. At least not for what we need. You can always call them

Doesnt say. Usualy they try to get a few bucks out of spectators. At the dragstrip there is for sure. I know this was stated already in another thread. But it does say absolutly no passengers.

Also do we have the track to ourselves? Every other Thurs it shows test and tune. But this week it only list the Taurus club and ceg. Maybe there wasn't enough room in the online calender.

Last edited:
For the TCCA event, the tech sheet says the following under "Personal Safety":

Helmet: For this particular event, any DOT helmet will suffice. If you are planning on doing more events like this, you may want to check into a Snell SA 2000 (or higher) rated helmet, which is now required by some organizations and tracks.

Clothing: Long sleeve 100% cotton shirt, 100% cotton pants (includes denim), lace up shoes.

Seat belts : required for all passengers; stock seat belts are fine, however for those who want to use them, properly mounted 5 or 6 point harnesses only. Any aftermarket belt must have anti-submarine belt; NO 4-point
harnesses allowed.

Roll bars: not required, however if they are installed: adequate padding at any possible contact points for
driver and front passenger.

For the SVTOA event I did a couple years ago they also required the long sleeve shirt and the Snell rating had to be "SA" not "M" (SA I believe has fire retardant capability whereas the M does not, and there may be another difference but I cannot recall off hand) and within the past 10 years (currently SA00 and SA05). I would think these would be close to standard procedure, but I am no expert since this will only be my second time on a road course.

As for the spectator fees during the day, the TCCA schedule says:
Drivers’ spouses, significant others and children will be permitted to enter the track grounds free of charge as spectators. There will be a $10 spectator fee for all other guests (this entitles each paying spectator to lunch that is provided). We ask that spectators not arrive until 8:30 or later to minimize congestion as we get drivers registered and tech inspections completed.

Lunch is scheduled from 12-1.

How hard are they enforcing this? My helmet is Snell 98 as i recall, the sticker is long gone....

I don't know. With us cegers they maybe more leanent(sp). You will have to ask Steeda or Worldtour. They would be able to tell you. You may have to rent one. Pays to have a up to date helmet.

I would bring a Snell 2000 or newer. I think they got new insurance or something since last year. If you don't have one and they won't let you go you will have to use a rental helmet.

I would bring a Snell 2000 or newer. I think they got new insurance or something since last year. If you don't have one and they won't let you go you will have to use a rental helmet.

Guess we'll see what happens when i get there....if i have to rent i have to rent. :shrug:

Guess it's time to go shopping for a new helmet.

Back