• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ07 Gingerman thread!

I'm planning on attending but unless I trailer my car I seriously doubt I'll be putting alot of stress on it, but there is a strong possibility that I will be trailering it!

Even if they don't, I wouldn't open track a convertible without something decent for rollover protection. Several deaths have occurred in the last few years at open track days because of convertibles without rollover protection.

You should be able to get a decent bolt-in bar for most 'verts for ~$250; I'm assuming this is for your 2nd gen RX7?
I O Port Racing has them for around $330.

Well, I've just read all four pages of this thread and still have no idea of when this mysterious event is, who's putting it on and if it's just an open track day, or as all the bravado and postulating seems to indicate if it's a time trial.

What gives guys, please inform someone who isn't part of the inner circle of what, when and how much?

Thanks

Adrian Thompson

Well, I've just read all four pages of this thread and still have no idea of when this mysterious event is, who's putting it on and if it's just an open track day, or as all the bravado and postulating seems to indicate if it's a time trial.

It's happening at Spring Zing 2007

Look in the Spring Zing forum to find out more...

What gives guys, please inform someone who isn't part of the inner circle of what, when and how much?

Thanks

Adrian Thompson

If it's anything like the last time we were there, it's very informal and not a time trial - beyond the usual posturing and bragging that will always happen when you get car guys together at a track.

I prefer it that way, personally, because otherwise I think the likelihood of broken bits (*cough*Rick*cough*) and off-track excursions is much greater. All of us would like to leave the track with working cars, I should think.

If it's anything like the last time we were there, it's very informal and not a time trial - beyond the usual posturing and bragging that will always happen when you get car guys together at a track.

I prefer it that way, personally, because otherwise I think the likelihood of broken bits (*cough*Rick*cough*) and off-track excursions is much greater. All of us would like to leave the track with working cars, I should think.

And if not, I'll have my truck and trailer there, provided it's not occupied by my car being broken at the time! LOL

Rick

Back