• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow.

Yeah, it's fun to take a little cruise and remember why we like these cars so much. :)

I can't even take either of mine out if I wanted to ... well the turbo kinda since it is parked in a private community .... I suspended the insurance so they are not allowed on the road until I reinstate the insurance ... and that would be in April .....

What happens if something happens at the storage place? Will any damage covered?
I thought about lowering the insurance while it's parked for winter but if I did that, then I couldn't take the car out. I leave the insurance as is just in case the garage decides to burn down or something. It would be my luck.

I think your car would be the least of your worries if your garage decided to burn down...considering it's connected to your house. Lol.

LOL! Yeah, but it's my luck. I'd drop the insurance and something would happen to it.
Still, I'd try to get it out of the garage.

What happens if something happens at the storage place? Will any damage covered?
I thought about lowering the insurance while it's parked for winter but if I did that, then I couldn't take the car out. I leave the insurance as is just in case the garage decides to burn down or something. It would be my luck.

should have been clearer. liability, colission, etc have been suspended for the winter. the vehicle are still covered for others, ie fire, theft, damage, etc. because you must have at least liability I can't drive them since its suspended. I got the premium back to the renewal date in september since I pay up front. so when I want to put them back on the road I have to pay back the premium.

I would seriously call up your insurance and ask them about reducing the insurance for storage. I just said the car is off the road for the winter. I was even able to give them a date to contact me about getting the coverage reinstated. might as well save the money if you can, but you most likely will not be able to take it out on a nice day in the winter ....

Gottcha.
I wasn't sure how it worked in CT. I kinda figured you would still have some type of coverage, I know you and how you are with your cars. :)

Snow... its too cold out now for it to snow. We have about 4 inches on the ground right now here, but its only 3 degrees out and now it feels like -15...

That sounds expensive :(

that's what the extended warranty is for!! lol!

i think it's just a pressure sensor for the haldex. i won't know for sure until i get it hooked up to a code scanner. surprisingly enough it wouldn't throw a cel for that anyway, only store the code in the computer. but yeah, no banging or clunking like i've learned happens when the angle gear :censored::censored::censored::censored:s the bed. just can't break the tail loose. finally getting some snow and i can't even have any fun in it!

yup.
The angle gear, sometimes called bevel gear, is the gearset at the back of the front differential that "turns" the east-west motion of the front components to north-south (front to back) motion to spin the driveshaft.

1 - weeping fluid. The breather was redesigned to solve this
2 - failure of the pair of gears themselves.
3 - there has been one report (amongst SS owners) of an input shaft failure

angle.jpg

also, there's no center diff on these cars. the driveshaft going to the rear is always spinning, and the haldex basically grabs onto it with some type of clutch to engage the rear wheels when there's no traction. hence the pressure sensor.

anyway...i went from doing this last year:

IMG_4152.jpg

to not being able to kick the rear out at all. and i don't know why. so i'm pissed.

It doesn't kick out unless I make it. You know that Allen! I mean cars were all RWD in your childhood right (40s - 50s)?

Back