• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow.

I got a spin in WorldTour's Volvo at SZ. :) Fun ride for sure. :drool:
Chris gave me a ride in his the day he got it... WooHoo!
I really like both of their cars.

i offered to let you drive it that day but you said no :/

atleast it's faster being only fwd. massive torque steer though.

I didn't drive it. :( Had I, I would have driven it home. :) I was impressed!

I'll help ya just this one time...

SOOOOOOOO...spline sleeve for the input shaft has stripped out resulting in one FWD only Volvo S60R! Also some codes in the computer for the pressure sensor i was talking about but they could be caused by the fact that the active coupler isn't getting any power from the driveshaft.

sigh....

Last edited:
ahh... thanks. i should have thought to look at the previous page.. .

that sucks about the S60R. btu at least its drivable

and thanks LUCA

I know it get difficult with all the pages of reading to find things sometimes so I figured I'd be nice. ;)
I just saw that grumpy Allen didn't help you. :laugh:

I know you weren't being grumpy. :) I was j/k.
I didn't see that you posted until after I posted the link.

well i dropped the car off today. they told me what i already knew...that the spline sleeve coupling the output shaft of the transmission to the input shaft of the angle/bevel gear has stripped out. however, it's not just the sleeve, but the splines on the input shaft of the angle gear itself.

AFAIK this requires the replacement of the angle gear (about $1500 for the part itself) as volvo doesn't rebuild these units...but the service guy told me they ordered a new shaft and if all goes well it should be ready tomorrow.

i'm going to ask to see the car up on a lift before i sign for it...i want them to show me exactly what they replaced. also want to confirm they fixed some power steering lines that have broken free of their clips and are rubbing on the frame.

oh, and i'm in a hyundai sonata V6 rent a car. was hoping to get an xc90 loaner, but they had no more :(

decent car for a hyundai though. if it had a better interior i'd rock it.

Back