• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow.

My mothers fiance got a full set on his work Toyota, look pretty close to new.

make sure you check the date on them ....

I think we got 4 to 6 in the first storm yesterday. I think they called for another 1 to 2 overnight but it ended up being more like 4 to 6 again. but this time it wasn't as light and fluffy, the end of the driveway packed together ....

make sure you check the date on them ....

Most definitely! Many issues have been reported with "out of date" tires. We don't want you to be one those people. Check the date if you are going with used.

true true.

I got 2 used tires that were almost brand new for 75 bucks mounted and balanced. i didnt even think to look at the date on them, but they lasted about 25k untill i decided to get a new full set but not a bad way to go.

By the way pen_two... you think that jeep is on a snow bank... hahahaha... i need to find my old phone with the pics of me parking a 2door saturn up on a snow bank... i ripped the bottom of the front bumper off, but it was worth it.

SOOOOOOOO...spline sleeve for the input shaft has stripped out resulting in one FWD only Volvo S60R! Also some codes in the computer for the pressure sensor i was talking about but they could be caused by the fact that the active coupler isn't getting any power from the driveshaft.

sigh....

How does that happen?

My wife's truck(Pandora) just had an issue with her transfer case, something about the shafts going bad, or the u-joints or something. Happy to pay someone else to fix it, that's why it's got the name Pandora, should never have opened it up in the first place. :laugh:

at most it'll cost me $100 for th edeductable on the extended warranty.

but if i were paying out of pocket it could be upwards of 2 grand lol!

I don't know. I know it's about a 5 hour job if nothing else is wrong except the sleeve. But there have been cases of the sleeve becoming one with the output shaft which results in a new transmission. Of couse that doesn't include getting the parts in.

i'm taking it in wednesday though...

Back