• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Simple Mods

I had an ASP UDP on my CSVT and felt more of a gain than my Trubendz Borla catback exhaust or my open air intake. I'm currently going Full 3 Liter and will definitely put my ASP in there. Where can I buy a new bolt. From Ford?

so whats better to have ps pullie or crank pullie or alt pullie or all. and do i need a different belt

so whats better to have ps pullie or crank pullie or alt pullie or all. and do i need a different belt

With a udp and ps pulley...you can use the stock belt. You can do all 3 if you want....but your alternator will suffer. Seeing the alternator already has issues on these cras. I would advise not doing all 3. Just don't do the crank and alt...do either alt/ps or crank and ps.

I did the crank pulley after i installed my pS pulley.... The UDP was the best bang for the buck i have ever spent on my car. Had better throttle response and i gained 2mpg more.

Most on ceg don't like the idea of the UDP since the engines bottom end bearings have been known to fail and increasing vibration tends to increase the work of the bearings resulting in them going bad sooner. 35k miles with my crank puley on. Heck if the engine did go...it would have given me a reason to put a 3l in it. :)

I had an ASP UDP on my CSVT and felt more of a gain than my Trubendz Borla catback exhaust or my open air intake. I'm currently going Full 3 Liter and will definitely put my ASP in there. Where can I buy a new bolt. From Ford?

First gear feels amazing when it's installed. Thats the biggest night and day difference i saw. 5th gear passing on the e-way was easier too.

ok so if i just did the ps pullie i guess i will not get the bottom end problem

so if one went with the UD crank pulley, and didnt go with alt or ps pulley, with the power steering FEEL different? harder, easier?

yes everything slows down..(harder steering) and if you do all 3 ur alt may not charge and ur ac will suck at idel.. and the crank pullie will where out the bottom end more quickly

so if one went with the UD crank pulley, and didnt go with alt or ps pulley, with the power steering FEEL different? harder, easier?

When i had the UDP and PS pulley my steering was on the softer side. Easier imho...not that much of a difference but it def was not harder as 24vnut is claiming.

I also ran the PS pulley first for a year before i installed my UDP pulley...and i noticed very little change in steering then.

thanks harrry. seems like a pretty cost effective upgrade then, ill put it on the list after i take care of maintenance.

yes everything slows down..(harder steering) and if you do all 3 ur alt may not charge and ur ac will suck at idel.. and the crank pullie will where out the bottom end more quickly

the Alt and PS pulleys that complete the set of 3 are actually lightweight OVERDRIVE pulleys just to prevent the potential lack of charging and harder steering that can come with a crank UDP.

I've got the how to from the FTP server, but does anyone else have any tips or tricks on installing the ASP crank pulley. I really like the sounds of it, but I do not want to cause my bearings to fail. My engine has over 135,000 miles, and I don't want it to be something I did that causes the engine to finally quit!

Back