• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RP RSTB kit

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright guys final prices are in and here is what we are looking at... I decided to keep the cost down I would offer the kit in bare finish. I then broke out a couple of options to allow people some flexibility in the final finishing of the RSTB. As you can see the pricing is much lower then I previously expected and more in line with what I was shooting for to begin with for this design.

Base Kit will include the following
mounting brackets (bare finish as welded)
backer plates (bare finish as welded)
cross brace (bare finish)
mounting hardware

GB pricing (10 or more orders)
Base price: $100 + shipping
Options
High Gloss black/Matte black (your choice) powder coated brackets: + $18
PPG Deltron premium paint match cross brace: PM paint code for pricing

After the GB these RSTB's will be available at a base price of $130 + shipping.

rprstb.jpg

*powder coated brackets shown

rstbcompleteinstall.jpg

*powder coated brackets shown

Current Order List/Status - 7/28/2011
1. Beans (bare kit) -Delivered
2. Newb (bare kit) - backed out 7/28 - This bar is now available!
3. Supah Stah (bare kit) - No Response
4. DonKingKong (bare kit) -Delivered
5. Tuftour (bare kit) -Delivered
6. GetU1 (Matte black powder coated) -Delivered
7. GetU1 ( Tropic Green powder coated) -Delivered
8. 1Sicgt (bare metal)- Total sent, No Response
9. AndrewM6097 (bare kit) -Delivered
10. rollinstylee (bare kit) -Delivered
11. Stylin55_oh (Matte black powder coated) - Delivered
12. 79mustang351w (bare kit) -Delivered

That looks really nice Mike, about the same price as Jageds rstb for the cougars, his doesn't have the nice brackets either.

Looks nice and great pricing! Any update on the pricing for the angled version?

Looks nice and great pricing! Any update on the pricing for the angled version?

I'd need to invest about $650 just to get a bender that could make it work then a another $300 for a die. No one around here has a manderal bender so it wouldn't turn out very nice. So until I have the funds to invest in a bender the angled version is on hold.

Did Gomach test these yet?

1. Beans (bare kit)
2. Newb (bare kit)

Did Gomach test these yet?

Will be soon. I'm shipping it out FedEx tomorrow morning. I won't be building any until his review. However I imagine it shouldn't take long since this RSTB only takes about 10min to install ;)

Mike...the only thing I dont like...is what about punk kids (I am 24) that have a sub box in their trunks? I would like to see a bar made that mounts on the top of the strut tower...which would offer more trunkspace too....it is my daily driver and I do get groceries with it. I saw a picture of it somewhere on some thread...

Otherwise I would buy this NOW have the shipping bumped up to EL RAPIDO and sport it for SZ. lol

Ill be awaiting patiently :)

Well I had trouble finding a box that would fit it nicely. Ended up going into FedEx to see if they had anything. I got lucky and one of their 'specialty' boxes which is a triangular box 50"x6"x6" worked pretty good. It will be back in FedEx's hands tomorrow morning, but most likely won't make it to you until Thurs.

rprstbpacked.jpg

Mike...the only thing I dont like...is what about punk kids (I am 24) that have a sub box in their trunks? I would like to see a bar made that mounts on the top of the strut tower...which would offer more trunkspace too....it is my daily driver and I do get groceries with it. I saw a picture of it somewhere on some thread...

Otherwise I would buy this NOW have the shipping bumped up to EL RAPIDO and sport it for SZ. lol

The trouble is you can't get the RSTB that high and have it bolt in nicely and not interfere with the strut and spring assembly. The only way to have it that high is to weld it in, which most people don't have the means to do. This setup was the easiest way to provide a solid RSTB that anyone can install with just a jack, drill, 1/2" drill bit, 9/16" wrench, ratchet with a 9/16" socket, and 10min of your time.

Yeah I agree with that. I will have to fab my own down the road it looks like. Nice looking setup though...just wont work in my application.

Got a text today from Gomach1. The RSTB is installed on his car and he noticed a difference right away on the test drive! He should have a review up before the end of the weekend.

As CSVT#49 said, i got it installed today. I know its only been in for the day....but the difference is night or day! Ill post up if anything changes by the end of the weekend, but here is my review as of now. I felt an immediate difference. The rear of the car feels glued to the ground. Previously my car would do i guess you could say a "waddle/wag" in corners at higher speeds. But with the RSTB it is tight and planted. I feel in complete control unlike before where it was a little scary.
I honestly didnt think it would make this much of a difference. Install was a peice of cake. Everything bolts in with ease. You can retain all the trunk carpeting on the sides with just a little trimming. If anyone has any questions id be happy to answer.

Thanks for the update and review! Say I don't suppose you can post up some pictures of the install could you?

Back