• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ready for the heart transplant

Man you do an amazing job garage painting. I love those years of RX7's, dont see to many nice ones though...well atleast around my parts. Good luck with the rest of the project.

I'm from Houston so I could visit fam lol lmk when your ready!

Houston is still a good 10 hours from me. Don't forget, Texas is on the slightly larger side as states are concerned. I can get to Memphis in about the same time as I can get to the bottom of Texas.

Houston is still a good 10 hours from me. Don't forget, Texas is on the slightly larger side as states are concerned. I can get to Memphis in about the same time as I can get to the bottom of Texas.
I think I have an Aunt that just moved to that area but I'm not 100% sure of it. so it is all good lol. I'll stop by and drop it off on my way to Houston lol

partial reassembly

partial reassembly

pics550.jpg

pics549.jpg

That would be a bit of a drive but I would be happy to do it for you. :) You would have to wait awhile though as I have a 48 chevy delivery up for restoration next.

Thanks cuda you just gave me another reason to visit my home town. lol

Looks Greats

Looks Greats

Good job bro the car is looking great. Whats up with the 48 delivery you were talking about you never told me about that one?

looking great! I take it your switching the rubber to something else?

Yup, the current set really wouldn't be able to handle the new torque output. I'll probably keep them on there long enough to lay down some long strips of rubber though.

More pics please!

They will keep coming as it moves along.

Good job bro the car is looking great. Whats up with the 48 delivery you were talking about you never told me about that one?

Sorry about that Mike. Dustin and I have been asked to restore a 48 Chevy delivery wagon after the RX-7 is finished. I will get some pics of that one going as soon as we get it to the shop.

Thanks cuda you just gave me another reason to visit my home town. lol

Another person from the flatlands of Texas...I'm sorry.

Something doesn't look right with the paint. It looks like it needs some clear coat and a good wheeling. :help:

It has polishing compound all over it right now. If you look at the rear wheel you can see it all over that also. It gives the dulling effect that it has right now. I will put up some more new pics when it is completely finished.

It has polishing compound all over it right now. If you look at the rear wheel you can see it all over that also. It gives the dulling effect that it has right now. I will put up some more new pics when it is completely finished.

got some pics of the tires/rims your putting on that bad boy?

the drivetrain has been settled

the drivetrain has been settled

and it went a slightly different direction than first intended

the donor

pics575.jpg

the new heart

pics574.jpg

and some final pics of the new paint

pics577.jpg

pics578.jpg

pics581.jpg

pics582.jpg

pics583.jpg

pics586.jpg

pics590.jpg

some progress

some progress

Well, the rx-7 project was sort of put on hold for awhile so that other things could get done. However, we were able to get some work done on it today. The new heart is out of the donor and ready to get prepped and shined up before going into the rx-7.

pics677.jpg

pics678.jpg

Back