• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

USAF National Aerospace Muesem

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
Nagasaki might remember this
DSC01206.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

Alot of my pics either turned out to dark or where kinda blurry.
But here is some
DSC01210.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

I've got a bunch more that todras took using my camera, but my hosting is down for now . . .

Wow, your pics do suck. Maybe your battery was low. Having said that, OMG, I need to change my shorts.

Question...this was at Wright-Pat, right? Where in there is the XB-70?

The cold war part with the Majority of the cool airplanes is pretty dark.

XB-70 is in the R&D part that you have to take a shuttle to. Seems it was full for the day when we got there

The cold war part with the Majority of the cool airplanes is pretty dark.

XB-70 is in the R&D part that you have to take a shuttle to. Seems it was full for the day when we got there

Ahhh. I hear that it's so big that it's entirely possible to walk into that part of the museum and not realize you're under it.

Pics don't do it justice. I'm sure the electricity bill is big enough for the place so they keep some of it in low light. The museum in Kalamazoo is the same way. There really was plenty of light but not for pics. I know Rara has some good ones. ;) Bummed we didn't see the XB-70. Guess I'll have to go back sometime.:laugh:

Ok, so why is an F-22 and a B-2 already in a muesem?

It also looks like you were usinga Flash. In a larger area like that flashes do not work and will cause the camera to underexpose because it is expecting a certain light level.

Assuming you are using a digital camera you need to switch to manual mode, decrease the f-stop as low as possible and increase film speed. May have to go as high as 1600. Then modify shutter speed until there is enough light captured. A tripod or a very sturdy mount is required so the picture does not blur. Hand held is not good enough.

This is a picture I took in Prague at night with nothing but street lights. No Flash on a Fuji Finepix F700.
DSCF1971.jpg

Yeah, the pics Todd took with my camera are much better on average, lol

And the F-22 in the museum is one of the original prototype YF-22 contract flyoff airframes, and was retired back in 1998 once production representative airframes were around.

And the B-2 was one of the original two airframes built for static testing, which means that B-2 has never left the ground. It was sent to the museum when all of the testing was complete on it.

More like they shook the B-2 to 176 G's. Pretty much made the wings come off. LOL! Thanks to Steeda for that tidbit.

Ok guys, seriously.... How many orgasms did Steeda have in the amount of time you were at the museum? We need a poll! I'm guessing 17 :laugh:

Mark

Back