• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pwntbywombat 3L Build Thread

I don't want to see you fail, so here is what a little searching brought up.

You can either cut the bushing flush down or try to remove it.

found this:

Crankbushing.jpg

About how much that will be removed when you are done:

3Lbuild068.jpg

and these for removing it:

3L_05.jpg

3L_06.jpg

Shifter linkage:

picture.php

picture.php

Linkage1.jpg

Linkage2.jpg

The last picture is not exactly how the white cable end should look. There is a rubber bushing missing that gives a tighter fit between the cable end and the lever on the trans. If yours looks like that, I recommend buying the new end from Ford for about $12. Your shifter will be pretty sloppy otherwise.

make sure your grounds are all connected to the specific points and the chassis. Trickle charge the battery anyway even if you think it is full charge.

I think your going to be sorry you filled the rear mount with that 94A. I couldn't stand driving the car with both mounts filled with 94A. You feel every engine vibration in the car. I swapped back to a stock rear mount and it was so much smoother. It could be a nice track part though. Swap it in for a track day.

From my friend that drives a SHO with solid motor mounts: "You pampered princess, just go for the 87 or 92 if not the 94a. A little bit of NVH never hurt anyone, not to mention it helps with driveability, it also helps with torque steer, something you guys know nothing about" His words, not mine.

ok, well getting away from the motor mounts. i have replaced the starter and battery and i have double checked the wiring. still i hear CLICK CLICK CLICK...HELP!

Back