• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Mirko Skidplate Oficial GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed an order for the total number of plates required yesterday, I'm expecting a 10-12 day lead time, but i'll call mid-next week to get an update. Deposits were sufficient to place the order.

I spoke with the fabricator yesterday and all I know is that the parts are not done yet, but their quote specified a 10-12 day lead time so it shouldn't be long. I uploaded some pictures last night that were on my camera.

Showing the plate's 3/16" lip for edge protection

msc056-1.jpg

Showing the plates gradual taper into the Mirko's original lines, this provides protection for th corners, but also allows the plate to flow with the Mirko's lines as if it was meant to be there. Painted black, i don't think the plate would be visible at all from a few feet.

msc055-1.jpg

msc054.jpg

Last edited:
Both items work fine for me. Size restrictions and cost based on oversize packages will be your biggest determining factor. My guess is the USPS guys might not touch something the size of the skidplate as I think the length is out of their envelope.

Rick

Both items work fine for me. Size restrictions and cost based on oversize packages will be your biggest determining factor. My guess is the USPS guys might not touch something the size of the skidplate as I think the length is out of their envelope.

Rick

I was editing my post during Rick's reply to include information that didn't get posted last night. His response is to my asking if you guys prefer UPS or USPS for shipping as i'll be seeking quotations today.

Last edited:
the latest pics look great! That is exactly how I was hoping it would look. I really like the fact it tapers around the sided and does not stick out.

Rick

I am not sure about that. Josh sent a SVT under try/air dam, what ever you want to call it to my via USPS and I was able to get it. I would assume the size wouldn't be to different

Well, i selected the farthest shipping destination and it looks like USPS will be the fastest and cheapest service offering 2nd day delivery across the US. If that's OK with the majority, while I'm waiting for word back from my fabricator, i'll start quoting everyone's shipping, and get totals sent out for payment to get this finished up.

I also have to fill GreenSVT's spot, as he's not responded to any PMs and appears to have sold his car. I'm going to try and see if i can subtract his parts from the order, but if i can't there's an extra i need to get rid of.

~Josh

I need one of these after I get my Mirko fixed, so if you do get it I'm sure you'll be able to sell it either to someone else or me eventually. Just tossing that out there.

I need one of these after I get my Mirko fixed, so if you do get it I'm sure you'll be able to sell it either to someone else or me eventually. Just tossing that out there.

If you're interested in taking his place right now, I'd do it, there's no guarantee these will ever be made again. :shrug:

~Josh

I know, it's a risk I have to take right now as I have no idea when I'll get my Mirko fixed so I can't commit now. I know you put a lot of work into them and it looks like you did a great job tho so good luck with the GB.

Well, i selected the farthest shipping destination and it looks like USPS will be the fastest and cheapest service offering 2nd day delivery across the US. If that's OK with the majority, while I'm waiting for word back from my fabricator, i'll start quoting everyone's shipping, and get totals sent out for payment to get this finished up.

~Josh

USPS works for me. I'm easy, whatever works best for you is fine by me.

I like the looks of this a lot :cool:

Why 2nd day shipping, is it gonna cost a pretty penny?

I like the looks of this a lot :cool:

Why 2nd day shipping, is it gonna cost a pretty penny?

I can only ship this part USPS priority, which is guaranteed 2nd day no matter what. It's the cheapest method, and also happens to be the fastest.

All GB spots are filled, all deposits are paid or pending and I was told that the parts are (finally) being cut Wednesday. :cool:

I'm packaging up the prototype this week to get accurate shipping quotes, and i'll start PMing total minus deposits.

If all goes as planned i'll be driving out to pick up the parts Friday afternoon or Monday.

~Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back