• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project - Face Lift -

You can actually see one of the obstacles he's facing with the Contour headlight. On the Gen 2 Contour, the nose of the car is more flat and the headlights have a hard curve near the turn signal as where the mondeos have a gradual curve starting at the inner oval. These are the two areas he's going to have the most trouble with for fitment since the outside corners are going to stick out.

picture.php

Mark

widening it and then sectioning the corners a bit to square off the bumper. {edit} you beat me to it! LOL{/edit}

It's hard to explain just how much more curve/arc from center the Mk2 Mondeo has compared to the Gen 2 Contour. I think crazytalk has his work cut out for him for sure, but I also think it will be worth it in the end.

widening it and then sectioning the corners a bit to square off the bumper.

It's hard to explain just how much more curve/arc from center the Mk2 Mondeo has compared to the Gen 2 Contour. I think crazytalk has his work cut out for him for sure, but I also think it will be worth it in the end.

lol i edited my post before you cause i spelled widening wrong and didnt want to be spelling nazi'd

Fn cakewalk compared to your rear bumper. still looking forward to seeing it done. it should look pretty cool

Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Wow, I was wondering if anyone was ever going to attempt this. I love the way the Mk.2 ST front ends looked and I'm very interested in seeing the end result on a Contour. Two thumbs up and good luck!

i hope he can find the fog lights and stuff. i know that is an issue he mentioned when i was at his shop..... factory fog lights and their housings are gonna be hard to get, because not many people wanna ship overseas

Funny...you'll never guess what was waiting for me when I got home from the shop today. :laugh:

DSC01563.jpg

:drool: projector fogs :drool:

sweet branden. i'll see you tomorrow. maybe....... you can borrow me your work truck (and yourself for help maybe?) so i can get a hood :)

To those of you who suggested it was as easy as filling the fender gap with body filler...have you ever used body filler? You cant just make a 1" strip of bondo...especially at an attaching point which takes all the stress. Fiberglass, perhaps. Molding US bumper top to UK bottom, also a possibility. Slapping bondo in there? Commentary from someone who has apparently not done a bit of bodywork.

Congrats Crazytalk, and good luck with the project- you have my support and I'll be watching this thread like a hawk.

To those of you who suggested it was as easy as filling the fender gap with body filler...have you ever used body filler?
word, polyurethane sucks to work with as well. fiberglass is so much easy to cut and rebuild imo

Hey all. This is a very small update. Hardly even worth posting up, but what the heck...right?

Ok so, my original plan was to modify the stock crash bumper to get it to fit proper underneath the Mondeo bumper. After an hour or so looking like a monkey doing naughty things to a football I decided to say, "Ahhh hell with this plastic garbage".

New plan. Take .063" 3003 H14 sheet aluminum and fab me up a new crash bumper. I got a small start on the front face of the thing. Still alot of shaping to do so try not to flame me too hard and tell me that its too flat. I know this and have tons more work to accomplish before this front piece is finished.

I just thought it would be cool to post some build "start up" style pictures.

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

Catch ya later! :cool:

Awesome project. I was wondering what had happened to that bumper. Glad to see it's finally being put to use. Can't wait to see it done.:cool:

Last edited:
Hey all. This is a very small update. Hardly even worth posting up, but what the heck...right?

Ok so, my original plan was to modify the stock crash bumper to get it to fit proper underneath the Mondeo bumper. After an hour or so looking like a monkey doing naughty things to a football I decided to say, "Ahhh hell with this plastic garbage".

New plan. Take .063" 3003 H14 sheet aluminum and fab me up a new crash bumper. I got a small start on the front face of the thing. Still alot of shaping to do so try not to flame me too hard and tell me that its too flat. I know this and have tons more work to accomplish before this front piece is finished.

I just thought it would be cool to post some build "start up" style pictures.

Catch ya later! :cool:

Not fully understanding the differences between the Mondeo front and the Contours... couldn't you just purchase the Mondeo fenders and headlights to match up with your bumper cover. Then modify the bumper like you are planning and call it a day?

Back