• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheels! Help me decide...

Wheels! Help me decide...

• Team dynamics in picture 1

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • FSVTs in picture 2

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters
am gonna have to go with the first one. maybe i'm just biased;). like someone said earlier, it does look better on a lowered car.

DSC02927.jpg

I like the FSVTs. Of course, I'm biased as I have a set. I believe that every retailer I have ever seen lists them at 21 lbs, which would make sense because E1s are like 20-21 lbs with thick spokes and FSVTs are an inch bigger with thin spokes. Then, accounting for the fact that you are running less tire volume overall, the whole wheel/tire combo should weigh less or the same at worst case scenario. The first ones remind me of ST200's which I don't care for at all. I'd stay stick with the FSVTs and get a decent set of tires. Either set would look better if your car was lowered.

I like the FSVTs. Of course, I'm biased as I have a set. I believe that every retailer I have ever seen lists them at 21 lbs, which would make sense because E1s are like 20-21 lbs with thick spokes and FSVTs are an inch bigger with thin spokes. Then, accounting for the fact that you are running less tire volume overall, the whole wheel/tire combo should weigh less or the same at worst case scenario. The first ones remind me of ST200's which I don't care for at all. I'd stay stick with the FSVTs and get a decent set of tires. Either set would look better if your car was lowered.

One, the focus wheels are everywhere. that alone would make me refrain from keeping them. Second, the team dynamic ones dont look that much like ST220s. Third, if these wheels are good enough looks and performance wise for the grand prix, they're certainly good enough for me:shrug:

Last edited:
i'm gonna go out on the limb and say that bat inc is wrong:shrug: the stockers are about 20-21lbs. five spoke svtf have to be pushing 25lbs or so.
You're usually pretty good with info. but c'mon a 17x7 that is 25#?
I weighed the FSVT by getting on the digital bathroom scale and then picking up the wheel and it increased 20.5# :shrug:
-J

Yeah, the 5-spoke FSVT wheel is right around 21 lbs. An E1 is about 19, and E0 closer to 20.

IIRC, the Euro's come in around 22.

Either set would look better if your car was lowered.

it does look better on a lowered car.

The car IS lowered ;)

I'm starting to warm up to the first set some... but not necessarily enough to keep them :laugh: I do like the rare factor though, I don't know of another Contour that has these exact wheels (a couple are close though).

Back