• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OK, we didn't kill the entire car..... trailer project

While some of us scrabble to find SVT body parts, this ass builds a trailer out of them.

.....and it's freakin' amazing! :laugh:

haha awesome!

When you get it mated up with your Contour, measure the length, bumper to bumper. I'm curious how long it is.
I've got a silly photo op. in mind. :laugh:
So you can estimate how many people you need hip to hip in between B-pillars in front of it? :p

I am laughing so hard reading the posts about people not finding body parts. Just so you know the skirts were not good ones cut apart. I had only cut apart ones that were damaged beyond repair in the front, as I only needed the back anyway ;).

Thanks for those who came through for me with parts, I couldn't have done it without you. The best part exchange was with Todd and Eurotour. They came across lake michigan on the Badger Ferry with a post98 trunk and tails and I met them at the dock in wisconsin. I traded a front and rear '95 bumper for what they had and we all went home happy. Thanks guys.

frenchblueC2 said:
haha awesome!

When you get it mated up with your Contour, measure the length, bumper to bumper. I'm curious how long it is.
I've got a silly photo op. in mind.

No problem - I will get that to you. Do you want a pic of it too or just the length? I am curious to see what you need it for :D.

I am laughing so hard reading the posts about people not finding body parts. Just so you know the skirts were not good ones cut apart. I had only cut apart ones that were damaged beyond repair in the front, as I only needed the back anyway ;).

You are still a bastard:mad: I gotta find me a rear bumper and skirts. Why oh why cant I find SVTs in the salvage yards around these states.

You are still a bastard:mad: I gotta find me a rear bumper and skirts. Why oh why cant I find SVTs in the salvage yards around these states.

Cause nobody in these parts have our cars... There might be something down in kc,MO if you wanna travel that far. But I dont know for sure...

Fuz, I have to give you props. Should be pretty sweet once its all finished.

This is going to confuse the ish outta ppl when they see eggplant towing eggplant.5

I think its name should be eggplant.5 (pronounced eggplant point five)

- amyn

This is going to confuse the ish outta ppl when they see eggplant towing eggplant.5

I think its name should be eggplant.5 (pronounced eggplant point five)

- amyn

It might be called EGPLNT 2 on the license plate, not sure yet - I am still open to ideas.

I can't wait for people to be driving behind me and don't suspect a thing, but when they start to move to the side, total disbelief :laugh:. I can't wait.

Just go ahead and make a Contour limo out of it and limo around the SZ dignataries (World Tour, Rara, Chang and Todd):idea:

Hey, no problem Joe. It was a fun day. I was thinking though, looking at the pics, you should remount the gas tank and use it as a cooler, with access through the fuel pump hole. :drool:

I would sleep in it seriously. If the floor was built flat a 6' person could fit I would think. I've laid in mine with the seats folded. Can't recall where my head ended up though.

I would sleep in it seriously. If the floor was built flat a 6' person could fit I would think. I've laid in mine with the seats folded. Can't recall where my head ended up though.

I'm 6'2" and I've slept in the trunk before. Removed the bottom cushion, put that in the front seat, folded the rear seats down and put a sleeping bag down. I could stretch out just fine.

you should have made the trailer out of the front end of the other contour...
that would have caused some massive confusion on the highway...
people would think there was a contour driving backwards down the street.

Back