• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

throttle body optimization

I'm gonna be bored tomorrow and its my daily driver so I'm gonna attempt it myself. Plus, I plan on cleaning the UIM and LIM anyway.

What I would be tempted to do.

Purchase a used 65mm throttle body. Remove throttle plate.

Remove throttle plate and shaft from an SVT throttle body.

Take SVT throttle body and shaft with the 65mm plate to a machine shop and ask them to bore out the SVT throttle body to accept the 65mm shaft and elongate the slot in the SVT shaft to accept the 65mm plate.

Compare the angles of approach to the 65mm throttle body and port the inlet to blend into the new bore.

Maybe a stupid idea. Perhaps one should start by making sure there is enough material in the SVT throttle body to accommodate this. Perhaps there would be room enough for 63mm and the 65mm plate could be trimmed.

you can use the svt linkage in a 65mm tb. i've done it before. no need to take it to a machine shop

not a problem...sorry for it taking longer than it should've..still cant find that damn bit:mad:

she's rock solid..not giving up any info:laugh: not even chocolate bribe's are working:shrug:

What I would be tempted to do.

Purchase a used 65mm throttle body. Remove throttle plate.

Remove throttle plate and shaft from an SVT throttle body.

Take SVT throttle body and shaft with the 65mm plate to a machine shop and ask them to bore out the SVT throttle body to accept the 65mm shaft and elongate the slot in the SVT shaft to accept the 65mm plate.

Compare the angles of approach to the 65mm throttle body and port the inlet to blend into the new bore.

Maybe a stupid idea. Perhaps one should start by making sure there is enough material in the SVT throttle body to accommodate this. Perhaps there would be room enough for 63mm and the 65mm plate could be trimmed.

Or you can place the 65mm tb plate inside the svt linakge. then insert that setup into the 65mm tb:shrug: .

That is what i did, the only problem i had, was i had to cut the tb linkage slot for the plate to fit. So the plate can slide into the linkage i cut the slot longer.

Back