• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh the weather...

Exactly! when its all packed down its like a rally course!

BTW -- this Winter is just proving how much my purchase ruled. I've travelled thru areas this year that I know for a fact would have gotten me stuck in either the Contour or the Cougar.

AWD = WIN

This winter has proven to me for a fact the wifes G6 is most likely out the door. I want to get her a Legacy GT limited for sure. Anyone looking for a G6? Good thing I still have the dmax granted the geo has been a pleasant surprise bald azz tires and all.

one of my Co-Workers has a G6 -- he complains about how horrible it is everytime it snows.

funny thing is all my co-workers keep telling me that if I ever sell my Subie let them know.. LOL is the world really in a Subie shortage?

the new Legacy GT's are freaking amazing... hot to look at too!

Colder than a penguins a** here today... -15 with a windchill of -30, brrrr. Thank god for remote starts....

Colder than a penguins a** here today... -15 with a windchill of -30, brrrr. Thank god for remote starts....

-7 here, car didn't want to remote start right, it started, ran for a tad, stopped, tried on it's own to restart, didn't go, had to cancel it and get in and give it a little more gas to get er goin this morning... she really doesn't like really really cold weather..

The SE has been a beast ever since I got her. She starts for me every time. Only problem I had (that I didn't cause on my own) was when the timing belt went out on the way to work a year ago. I love my SE :cool:

KYLE! holy crap your still alive!!! haha..
LOL, yeah I'm still alive. I got transfered to 2nd shift temporarily before I go to 3rd as an extruder operator (with a raise of course :cool: ). My uncle that gave me the 67 Mustang hadn't been doing so well lately because of his terminal cancer and he passed away on Sat. and we had the funeral yesterday. :cry: It's been tough, but I've been checking in here and there to see whats going on with the Mac n Cheese meet and to keep tabs on a deal I have going on. I'm still around, don't worry :laugh:

-7 here, car didn't want to remote start right, it started, ran for a tad, stopped, tried on it's own to restart, didn't go, had to cancel it and get in and give it a little more gas to get er goin this morning... she really doesn't like really really cold weather..

I have been with the same problem all these darn cold days with the contour...SVT's don't likeity cold weather. :shrug:

I've been digging the frostbite on my hands from shoveling snow at 5am. Nothing like the pain of thawing out :(

Crispy if it didn't snow in WI I'd keep the G6 but after this winter I'm done with it. It's also a deer magnet 2 deer in about a years time. I found an 05 Legacy GT limited for $15K has some mods too. Just need to sell some :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

You will love that LGT if you end up getting it. :)

I honestly cant imagine life w/o AWD anymore. This Winter has made me a believer that its just as fun year round and snow isnt an obstacle anymore.

I'm thinking about getting some actual Snow tires next year and ditchin the All Seasons to see how much better it could actually be. I have a buddy with an STi with some high end Winter shoes... you physically cant get that car to break loose as hard as you try.

BTW - looks like tomorrow is going to be hella bad... they are calling for Blizzard Conditions here in Madison and sending out major warnings

BTW - looks like tomorrow is going to be hella bad... they are calling for Blizzard Conditions here in Madison and sending out major warnings

Don't you love it, rain today, low of 32, tomorrow, snow, low of 2... Love this *cough* consistent *cough* weather...

Back