• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh the weather...

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
...outside is frightful, but this beer and pizza make it so delightful. The Festiva's back on the road, so let it snow let it snow let is snow.

Anyone else stuck indoors left to enjoy greasy food and beer?

:D

Had a great trip this afternoon to Janesville crawling along at 25mph. On the way back a passed the tools and was comfortable at 55mph in the white :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

nope, had to go and test out the 4x4 in the new explorer!!! im actually quite impressed considering the crap street tires it has on it now.

I had to go out and test the 4x4 in the ATX Contour. Unfortunately it wasn't until I got stuck in a snowbank in front of my own garage that I forgot Contours aren't 4x4. I've been too lazy/cheap to get a shovel since I live in an apartment complex, so the car is now looking rather pitiful 10 feet out from the garage door. As long as the neighborhood drunks don't plow into the back end coming home from the bars tonight I don't give two s**ts. :D

I put 60+ miles on today and got the car out of two snowed-in parking spots to have it get stuck 10 feet from home. :nonono:

I put 60+ miles on today and got the car out of two snowed-in parking spots to have it get stuck 10 feet from home. :nonono:

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

I am south enough where we didn't get any snow, but we were north enough where it wasn't rain. I walked out yesterday morning to a sheet of ice over the entire car/ parking lot. Tried to go up a hill, got about 90% of the way up and stopped dead. There was nothing else I could do but try to guide/slide the rest of the way back down without putting myself into a ditch....

I am south enough where we didn't get any snow, but we were north enough where it wasn't rain. I walked out yesterday morning to a sheet of ice over the entire car/ parking lot. Tried to go up a hill, got about 90% of the way up and stopped dead. There was nothing else I could do but try to guide/slide the rest of the way back down without putting myself into a ditch....

It's always a funride trying to go backwards down a hill that is covered in a sheet of ice. I tried that once on a full sized work van (dodge) and almost tipped it over. With ABS only on the rear wheel and no steering due to locking up the fronts I had no control over anything. I thought my time was up. And this was in a customers driveway.

Ick outside here today. The snow that was on the ground turned to slush. Freezing rain last might. Was so happy to leave the Warren Miller film and enjoy my heated mirrors. Glad I did that mod this summer. My snow tires seem not as great as I remember them last year. Not sure what gives there. Probably different conditions.

I decided saturday was a good day to change the serp belt on the towncar.... oblivious to the fact it was going to snow/rain/suck.

gave up.

came back on sunday to the whole car frozen shut.

eventually got the hood open and the new belt on... I can now enjoy my ave mpg being 25 again rather than 16-18...

We got some snow in New England last night. I'm ready for spring.

I pulled 4 people out with the jeep last night.. It was a lot of fun

I hate you! Good thing I got you on my phone if I get stuck!!! Or Crispy's man has a big 4x4 truck as well...... Let's see I went out... dug out my part of my apartment parking, got the g/f's camry stuck, then unstuck and out... waited till the next day when it turned to slush to get my CSVT out of the parking lot, idiots made piles in the parking lot which was retarded, which then melted and refrose 50 times stronger than before, and we didn't get the complex plowed for like 2 days after the snowfall... I did spend most of that day though sitting inside in pajamas watching movies on the TV.... Good times, not enough beer!

same here with Wayne... he pulled people out on Saturday and it was just like butta!

we kept saying Saturday and Sunday that there is no way either of our Contours would have made it thru the stuff we drove thru with the truck or the Subie.

Back