• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spotted Thread

I spotted a black SVT Wednesday night about 5ish outside of Best Buy in West Hartford. I didn't recognize the car nor the driver. I wonder if they are on here? :shrug:

Spotted a Silver Frost in Seabrook, NH on Sunday around noon. Younger guy driving it.

Weird spotting

Weird spotting

Now this is a weird one. I just saw a T'red pre 98 mystique in Middletown.

That might not sound like much but what was weird about it was the license plate on it was CEG-1.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't anybody here but what a cool plate!

I forgot to post this for Steph...

She saw it on 14 Feb:
"I spotted a silver SVT in New Haven yesterday. It's parked off of Columbus Ave. I spotted it at first coming back from the box office in the afternoon."

IIRC, she spotted it again in a driveway a few days later. Anyone here?

i have had my svt for a couple months and we drive it EVERYWHERE and i have never seen another svt while driving mine.. well thats a lie i see a bunch at gregs lol.. but u get the point lol where is everyone ?

You guys really need to drive those things! Sitting isn't what these machines were designed for! Maybe I'm lame or maybe I'm jealous that I don't have a "show" car, but I have a hard time understanding how you could let a perfectly good car sit for months. :shrug: It isn't like these cars are that bad in winter weather and it is just a car; the dirt and grime will come off.

haha .... My problem was that I literally couldn't get the car out of the driveway over the past few months. It is all ice and I have summer tires. All of the salt on the roads up here isn't helping the desire. :)

it is just a car

Maybe to you. Some people get a little more emotionally attached than others.
Just because they're not driven in the winter doesn't mean they're not driven.
Preserving the car you love so that it lasts more than 7-10 years isn't such a bad thing.

Everyone agrees that these cars handle awesome in the snow. That's why some people have two. ;)

You guys really need to drive those things! Sitting isn't what these machines were designed for! Maybe I'm lame or maybe I'm jealous that I don't have a "show" car, but I have a hard time understanding how you could let a perfectly good car sit for months. :shrug: It isn't like these cars are that bad in winter weather and it is just a car; the dirt and grime will come off.

im still driving an svt during the winter but the nicer "project" wont come out till its nice out

I drove mine every winter until this one and now I refuse to use it during the winter months. I had perfectly good suspension mods destroyed from racking up the mileage fast and getting destroyed by road salt and moisture build up.

Not to mention I don't like plowing my city streets and not get paid for it. :laugh: I've had the front bumper repainted twice since buying it in 2003.

Last winter I had a side skirt ripped off.

See where I'm going with this?

as others have said, and I agree, I rather not ruin my car in the winter after the hard work, time and money spent on it. a 3L, let alone 3L+turbo would be a pain to drive in the winter.

Also I don't beat on my cars but I also don't take it easy on them either, they see redline all the time, even teh zetec with near 200k on it :laugh:

Back