• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OFFICIAL SAMCO HOSE GROUP BUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news... distributor shipped them to me on friday, I should see them on tuesday or wednesday... will take me a day or two to sort them all out, address the boxes, and ge them shipped hopefully by friday for everyone!

Kyle

When your shipping USPS... are you shipping them with insurance?

I would hate to have someone not receive their package and have no way of recovering the cost... this would also provide you with a tracking number for each of the packages that you could send out to all of us as well. If I'm not mistaken since the value of the kit is over $200 receiving the package would require a signature, which would guarantee that someone received it in case anyone comes back to you Kyle and says they didn't receive it. Just some thoughts...

When your shipping USPS... are you shipping them with insurance?

I would hate to have someone not receive their package and have no way of recovering the cost... this would also provide you with a tracking number for each of the packages that you could send out to all of us as well. If I'm not mistaken since the value of the kit is over $200 receiving the package would require a signature, which would guarantee that someone received it in case anyone comes back to you Kyle and says they didn't receive it. Just some thoughts...

Priority mail...

If using Priority Mail and printing labels thru Paypal, you will have up to a certain amount of insurance coverage for free, as well as Delivery Confirmation for free as you will get a tracking number for each package, which HAS to be scanned by the mail carrier at time of delivery.

Going thru Paypal will be Kyle's best bet to cover insurance, tracking and delivery confirmation... :)

It's funny you ask...

It's funny you ask...

Any information about the hoses getting into your possession yet???

- amyn

Actually, good news, and bad news:

The bad news, I am still waiting on one more box of hoses, and my boxes from USPS.

The good news is here is half of them hose kits:

16919170410.jpg

16919170440.jpg

Ii should have the other box tomorrow, and then I am jsut waiting on the boxes to come via USPS so I can package these all up, and send them all out to everyone!

Quick question...

Quick question...

Did clamps come with the hose kits? If not, does anyone know where to get the round edged hose clamps recommended on Samco's website?

Did clamps come with the hose kits? If not, does anyone know where to get the round edged hose clamps recommended on Samco's website?

no clamps are not included. the stock clamps work just fine [with the exception of 2 as the rubber is a bit thicker than stock in those areas, I'm sure they can definitely be forced on]

You can buy fully lined clamps in various sizes from Pegasus Auto Racing. I'm sure there are other distributors on the net, but I'm too lazy to search for you, and you may find them locally at an industrial hydraulic hose supply, or a Parker Store.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3613

Gary M.

There is a card in the hoses that gives a part number to a hose calmp kit samco sells for this kit, I will post it again when I am at home...

Def would like to get the clamps ordered so I can have them here by the time Kyle sends these Hoses to us....

- amyn

I looked closer, and I thought it was a part number for the clip kit, but there isnt, but it says they make a corresponding clip kit, so I will get the part number for you guys, or you if someone wants to call samco and get it, I am ok with that, jsut post it once you do, or if i get to it first, i will post it!

Kyle

I know I am late to this thread, but how would someone get this kit or does it have to be in bulk? This is for a Zetec or SVT?

its for the V6 engine .... check back in this thread as someone might want to sell a set if they don't want it anymore. other then that some please will be carrying them state side now, iirc from previous dicussion in this thread.

I looked closer, and I thought it was a part number for the clip kit, but there isnt, but it says they make a corresponding clip kit, so I will get the part number for you guys, or you if someone wants to call samco and get it, I am ok with that, just post it once you do, or if i get to it first, i will post it!
Kyle

Samco UK says the clip kit for the Mondeo V6 ST24/200/Si coolant hose kit is CK278/C. Don't know how applicable this is to the US Duratec kit due to some hose diffecences.

Samco USA does not (yet?) list the Contour/Mystique Duratec V6 kit.

Gary M.

...The bad news, I am still waiting on one more box of hoses, and my boxes from USPS...

...Ii should have the other box tomorrow, and then I am jsut waiting on the boxes to come via USPS so I can package these all up, and send them all out to everyone!

Any more information on the boxes and second shipment??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back