• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OFFICIAL SAMCO HOSE GROUP BUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to get in to a long drawn out debate with you because honestly it's not worth my time for a vehicle. Much more important things in life. I do use common sense, I work for a health insurance company that insures 35,000,000 people in the country and my work entails investigating physicians and their credentials for the entire country and if need be, terminating them. I am quite accurate at research. I am just wondering where the research that you claim I should have done exists other than PMS. Not every one out of the twenty some odd people know whom to PM or even where to go for the itemization of these hoses, just face value with people that we have never even met, or even people that aren't even leading the group buy. There is a certain amount of trust involved in sending your money to a total stranger, however, given that, it is impossible to tell from the pictures exactly what was in the kit. Can you see the lower hose from the PRT Pic?? So, when a group buy came up for radiator and cooland Silicone hoses, one can only assume that both upper and lower are in the kit. Why is it not called a "mask" the rest of the black hoses kit? I guess in this case the assumption didn't work out my way, oh well, however, it doesn't give you the right to crap on people any chance you get on a keyboard because someone doesn't know. With that, I am going night skiing.

I am not going to get in to a long drawn out debate with you because honestly it's not worth my time for a vehicle. Much more important things in life. I do use common sense, I work for a health insurance company that insures 35,000,000 people in the country and my work entails investigating physicians and their credentials for the entire country and if need be, terminating them. I am quite accurate at research. I am just wondering where the research that you claim I should have done exists other than PMS. Not every one out of the twenty some odd people know whom to PM or even where to go for the itemization of these hoses, just face value with people that we have never even met, or even people that aren't even leading the group buy. There is a certain amount of trust involved in sending your money to a total stranger, however, given that, it is impossible to tell from the pictures exactly what was in the kit. Can you see the lower hose from the PRT Pic?? So, when a group buy came up for radiator and cooland Silicone hoses, one can only assume that both upper and lower are in the kit. Why is it not called a "mask" the rest of the black hoses kit? I guess in this case the assumption didn't work out my way, oh well, however, it doesn't give you the right to crap on people any chance you get on a keyboard because someone doesn't know. With that, I am going night skiing.

its all here ... I knew there had been pictures posted before, it had been talked about before also ... but then again having been around for 6 years I remember these things.

I suggested pming the owners of said hose kits for input as I am sure they wouldn't mind answering questions.

oh yeah, my work ensure countless people are safe when they fly ...

and read back on some of my posts. I don't "crap on people" any chance I get on my keyboard. I sped just about all of my time helping the members here :nonono:

Directly from Samco®Sport Hose Kits website

The Samco®Sport Hose Kits provide a unique opportunity to upgrade your engine hoses to a product that is simply un-rivalled worldwide(1) for performance and looks. With over 350 applications for the most popular cars, these direct replacement silicone hoses are available in 7 striking colours to blend with your engine the way YOU want. Whatever colour you choose just remember, you're fitting the finest turbo and coolant silicone hoses that are designed to (2) perform under pressure.

the kit is .....
(1) mostly for looks im guessing
(2) only replaces hoses that are under pressure ( is the lower hose subjected to that much pressure since its the cool hose:shrug: )

Tell me if im wrong....

Last edited:
So anyways back on topic here...

Yes, I actually have some good news!

My guy has the prototype in his hands, and is shipping it to me today, and will be getting me a tracking number today or tomorrow...By friday, I will have it test fitted, and as long as it fits properly, will be placing the order on monday!

I will get pics posted as soon as I have the hose!

Kyle

Kyle did you receive the new hose yet or have a tracking number with some updates for us? Thanks.

Guys, I haven't received the hose as of yet, but did find out that I had a package waiting for me at home (I'm at work). I do not ahve internet access as of right now except for the few minutes I can get at work, and I apologize I ahvent been online in the past couple days!

I will be updateing tomorrow as if this package at the house is our hose!

Kyle

the kit is .....
(2) only replaces hoses that are under pressure ( is the lower hose subjected to that much pressure since its the cool hose:shrug: )

Tell me if im wrong....
Other then very small differences between the water pump suction and discharge sides, the entire cooling system is under the same pressure. If you believe the lower hose to be the "cool" side, then take your Contour for a spirited drive, shut off the engine, raise the hood, reach down and firmly grab the the lower hose. Report back... :rolleyes:

Guys, I haven't received the hose as of yet, but did find out that I had a package waiting for me at home (I'm at work). I do not ahve internet access as of right now except for the few minutes I can get at work, and I apologize I ahvent been online in the past couple days!

Kyle
Gald you spoke up, I can return the rope I brought at Homedepot yesterday....lol:laugh:

I want pics and ive been waiting to wack off for a minute now...i hear holding it in too long is not good for ya!

If need be tell me your address, Ill come buy and happily install it on my car!!

- amyn

Last edited:
FWIW, Samco finally replied to my request for a picture of the TCS-278C Mondeo V6 coolant hose kit.

attachment.php

Gary Morrell

Attachments

• TCS-278C Mondeo.JPG
    TCS-278C Mondeo.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
FWIW, Samco finally replied to my request for a picture of the TCS-278C Mondeo V6 coolant hose kit.

attachment.php

Gary Morrell

ok so here is what we have

upper radiator hose (TB-1466)
thermostat housing to water cross over pipe (TB-1467)
radiator to overflow tank (TB-1469)
front valve cover breather (TB-1470)
IAC tube (TB-1468) <- this one doesn't work and is being changed so it does work.

what I see not included

drain pipe (overflow tank to water cross over)
lower hose (water cross over to radiator)
waterpump to thermostat
waterpump to block
heater core to waterpump
svt oil cooler lines
head cross over to heater core

Kyle

Kyle - Was the package the hose?? What's the status??

Any good news Kyle? Ahhh I really am like shaking over this thing already, I thought you would update us that same night if not the next day you posted....:crazy:

Im going crazy bro gimme some good news:eek:

and pics

pics would be good.

too verify and satisfy my hand relief

- amyn

Well, the package was not the hose, it was actually a return of some parts I had shipped out to the wrong address, I'm sorry.

I will be figureing out what is going on today as I am starting to get a wee bit pissed off with my guy!

I finally have my internet back up and running, so will be able to post everyday with updates, I also am going to be posting my spreadsheet so I can make one last double check to make sure I have everyone in my list, so be on the lookout for that!

Kyle

OK, mid as well do this now, I just want to make sure my list has everyones info, if you did pay, and I forgot to get you in my spreadsheet, please pm me right away!

Brapple
QBSVT X2
Schattastic SVT
JPS98SVT
Recoveryone
SVTFo_mo_co
Excel4600c
CSVT #49
gmorrell
madman666
csvt1214
Tay76
Rodney Bur
dion

If you paid, and are not on this lsit, please pm me right away!

By the way, this is jsut the CEG folks, Neco will be getting a different list!

Last edited:
TY for the update.... but I say you give us Samcos direct number and we keep calling them saying we want to order it and make it seem like a million people want this hose so we can get ours made already...

- amyn

I RECEIVED THE HOSE!! Its a piece of easy flex with the proper inlet diameter, its very snug which is great, it flexes nice so that it can work with any aftermarket intake...

however, it was about an inch too short, so my distributor is going to email samco, and get it enlongated an inch and a half so it can be cut if need be, although the way it flexes, wont be a problem.

I wil lbe placeing the order on monday morning guys, and will then have to call them weekly wondering where my kits are, LOL! It will take some time as the orange, green, and black take a little longer, and they are shipping EVERY kit to me for me to ship to the individuals!

I will continue to keep you guys updated... and will get a picture of the hose if necessary, but its only the one hose so its nothing too exciting!

Kyle

I RECEIVED THE HOSE!! Its a piece of easy flex with the proper inlet diameter, its very snug which is great, it flexes nice so that it can work with any aftermarket intake...

however, it was about an inch too short, so my distributor is going to email samco, and get it enlongated an inch and a half so it can be cut if need be, although the way it flexes, wont be a problem.

I wil lbe placeing the order on monday morning guys, and will then have to call them weekly wondering where my kits are, LOL! It will take some time as the orange, green, and black take a little longer, and they are shipping EVERY kit to me for me to ship to the individuals!

I will continue to keep you guys updated... and will get a picture of the hose if necessary, but its only the one hose so its nothing too exciting!

Kyle

Fantastic!

So I have one question then... forgive me if it was mentioned earlier, but I didn't see it.

Are they shipping all of the hoses at once to you or will they ship out the red and blue kits first with the rest to follow since they will take longer? Let us know. Thanks.

Oh and a picture would be great... as I'm wondering if it truly is going to fit my intake. As I have the factory 1998 OEM E0 anti-moosing piece and I'm hoping all of this wait wasn't in vain... well for me at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back