• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OFFICIAL SAMCO HOSE GROUP BUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but the kit doesn't include the lower hose ...
O.K., so I'm confused - Is this a coolant hose kit, or some mix of coolant and intake hoses? If this is a coolant hose kit, shouldn't there be a lower radiator hose? I realize that the lower hose isn't all that visible, and is therefore less glamorous, but beyond the bling factor of brightly colored Silicone hoses, there is the longer lifetime and improved reliability that factors into their price.

Just asking, and yes, I have $207 invested in this group buy. I searched this thread pretty thoroughly, and didn't find a listing of what hoses are being supplied - did I make a mistake?

Last edited:
No there isnt any lower hose. I mean if you want a lower hose im sure you could order a hose that will fit but its not in the kit. For the most part its about what you can see. Yes, they should last longer than stock. But you shouldnt really worry about the lower hose unless it gets hit or nicked cause isnt it the cold hose running back to the motor so it probably shouldnt be damaged by heat right???:shrug: i think a stock lower hose would be just fine.

O.K., so I'm confused - Is this a coolant hose kit, or some mix of coolant and intake hoses? If this is a coolant hose kit, shouldn't there be a lower radiator hose? I realize that the lower hose isn't all that visible, and is therefore less glamorous, but beyond the bling factor of brightly colored Silicone hoses, there is the longer lifetime and improved reliability that factors into their price.

Just asking, and yes, I have $207 invested in this group buy. I searched this thread pretty thoroughly, and didn't find a listing of what hoses are being supplied - did I make a mistake?

then you should've done $207 worth of research. there were photos for your perusal and all this talk about delays is concerning an intake hose. basically all the hoses included consist of the 'visible' upper hoses in the engine bay. they do not include the coolant tank drain hose, the block to water pump or block to thermostat hose.

If I could interject for a moment...The picture that was shown from the SAMCO website was from a Focus. There are no pictures on the Contour. In Fact, the closest picture that I have found has been a PRT Contour that has all Red Silicone Samco hoses, upper, lower, coolant tank hoses (both), as well as an intake hose. I don't believe that we had received an answer as to what hoses are included. I would like a solid answer from the person organizing this thread as to what hoses are included (itemized). I think the price of $207 warrants an explanation as to what we are actually getting considering we never got an accurate explanation and the picture was from a Focus.

Last edited:
If I could interject for a moment...The picture that was shown was from the SAMCO website from a Focus. There are no pictures on the Contour. In Fact, the closest picture that I have found has been a PRT Contour that has all Silicone Samco hoses, upper, lower, coolant tank hoses (both), etc...I don't believe that we had received an answer as to what hoses are included. I would like a solid answer from the person organizing this thread as to what hoses are included (itemized). I think the price of $207 warrants an explanation as to what we are actually getting considering we never got an accurate explanation and the picture was from a Focus.

umm, the PRT SVT clearly shows all the hoses that come in this kit ... those pics have been out there and referenced before .... this is the same kit, but the non working 5th hose will now fit ...

The PRT Contour Shows all hoses...intake included. I believe that picture also shows the lower hose. I still would like an itemized list of what 5 hoses there are.

upper radiator hose
radiator to over flow tank hose
thermostat to water cross over tube hose
IAC hose
front valve cover breather hose

as I recall ....

previously the mondeo kit the IAC house wouldn't work, that is being changed and now its a contour specific kit.

I don't ever recall seeing a Samco lower radiator or coolant tank drain hose in the kit ....

you did see this post right?

Why could we not get an itemization of this when the group buy started. Coolant and Radiator hoses are exactly that. If I order a kit for my radiator hoses, I expect that all hoses are going to be in that kit in order to do a complete replacement. Many of us have been misled into believing that there could be a lower hose, even though it wasn't exactly explained. It would be nice to have the whole story when money is collected. Obviously I am not the only one with this opinion.

Why could we not get an itemization of this when the group buy started. Coolant and Radiator hoses are exactly that. If I order a kit for my radiator hoses, I expect that all hoses are going to be in that kit in order to do a complete replacement. Many of us have been misled into believing that there could be a lower hose, even though it wasn't exactly explained. It would be nice to have the whole story when money is collected. Obviously I am not the only one with this opinion.

umm I only see two people complaing and one is you.

the rest of us have seen the pics before, have seen the PRT car, etc ... yeah it would be nice to have the lower hoses also but there has been talk before about what was in this kit ... its a 5 hose kit, did you not count the number of hoses on your car? did you compare that to pictures posted?

bottom line this is a kit that only three other people in the USA own. Part of the cost is being in a small group of people.

again more research should have been done before putting money down on an item ...

i think common sense plays a role here. this is the SAME EXACT KIT as the mondeo,but with a working idle control valve hose...thats ALL that has changed.:shrug:

IF only 3 other people in the U.S. own this kit, how can accurate research be done? Who can get us those answers? Obviously not the Samco web site as the Contour is not listed. Obviously no where on the internet as this thread is the only place where this kit is discussed. The blue hose picture that was shown is from a Focus. No where on the web does it state what hoses are included. Research? Show me where it states that these are the five hoses anywhere in your Research. All I asked for was an itemization and where in this thread it states that the lower hose was not included other than recent posts.

IF only 3 other people in the U.S. own this kit, how can accurate research be done? Who can get us those answers? Obviously not the Samco web site as the Contour is not listed. Obviously no where on the internet as this thread is the only place where this kit is discussed. The blue hose picture that was shown is from a Focus. No where on the web does it state what hoses are included. Research? Show me where it states that these are the five hoses anywhere in your Research. All I asked for was an itemization and where in this thread it states that the lower hose was not included other than recent posts. I don't need to be put down by people in regards to common sense as that is how I live day by day. If you are going to insult someone, do it to their face.

IF only 3 other people in the U.S. own this kit, how can accurate research be done? Who can get us those answers? Obviously not the Samco web site as the Contour is not listed. Obviously no where on the internet as this thread is the only place where this kit is discussed. The blue hose picture that was shown is from a Focus. No where on the web does it state what hoses are included. Research? Show me where it states that these are the five hoses anywhere in your Research. All I asked for was an itemization and where in this thread it states that the lower hose was not included other than recent posts. I don't need to be put down by people in regards to common sense as that is how I live day by day. If you are going to insult someone, do it to their face.

:nonono: reasearch on CEG ... pm and ask the people that have them questions ...

again this kit is from the mondeo, did you bother to read the the samco site on their information on the mondeo?

you live by common sense? wouldn't common sense tell you to research what you are buying first before putting money down on it then question what you are buying?

Last edited:
:nonono: reasearch on CEG ... pm and ask the people that have them questions ...

Again this kit is from the Mondeo, did you bother to read the the Samco site on their information on the Mondeo?
Been there, done that. I know the Mondeo V6 coolant hose kit part number is TCS278/C. There is no picture of this kit on their site, or in their galleries. I sent Samco several emails asking for the specific content of the TCS278/C kit; I've not received an answer. They're probably sitting in their offices in Coed Cae Lane, South Wales, wondering why some Yank wants to know the content of a hose kit for a European car.

If you have information or links from Samco that I don't, would you kindly share them?

Should I have asked the GB starter for an itemization of the hose kit prior to committing funds? Yep - my mistake; I'm big enough and old enough to admit that. FWIW, I haven't withdrawn my commitment to buy the kit, nor do I plan to.

Is it too late to ask the GB starter for an itemization of what's in the kit? I think it's a fair request, perhaps it would have been helpful had it been in the thread's first post...

Gary Morrell

Last edited:
Should I have asked the GB starter for an itemization of the hose kit prior to committing funds? Yep - my mistake; I'm big enough and old enough to admit that. FWIW, I haven't withdrawn my commitment to buy the kit, nor do I plan to.

right there with you on that, I have done the same in the past. its refreshing that others still stand up for their actions.

Is it too late to ask the GB starter for an itemization of what's in the kit? I think it's a fair request, perhaps it would have been helpful had it been in the thread's first post...

well he was suppose to get the prototype kit today so ...

you get what you see ....

the one contour owner ...

IMG_0140.jpg

and the one cougar owner ....

31063d1192645035-something-brand-new-pipes6.jpg

31060d1192645035-something-brand-new-pipes1.jpg

31061d1192645035-something-brand-new-pipes2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back