• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

pre98 you have a nice looking contour, are those eyelids i see?

Yep but that's on Blu_Fuz's car. :) The first picture I posted was his car from SZ06.

Here is a screen cap of what you need to click in order to post a picture. A textbox will pop up and you will need to type in the 'http://address../../' for it to show up. :)

CEGImageHelp.jpg

I did an "electrical tape" experiment to see if I liked the way it looked before I did it in real vinyl. I didn't like it as much as I would have liked, so I took the tape off.
pre98 you have a nice looking contour, are those eyelids i see?

redtour, your shiz looks clean as heck, nice wheels too - a drop would do you wonders :drool:

I tried lids on mine with tape but I couldn't make it look good. Ditched the idea in about 5 minutes.

I did an "electrical tape" experiment to see if I liked the way it looked before I did it in real vinyl. I didn't like it as much as I would have liked, so I took the tape off.

that would be cool if we can get those made for our cars.
redtour, your shiz looks clean as heck, nice wheels too - a drop would do you wonders :drool:
Thank you, the drop will come this spring I am thinking about BAT. What do you think?. Also, a new hood because it was damaged by tree. I would like to say how much I really like this site... you all are awsome!!! The wheels are milli miglia mm113.

Striker2: where you at SZ06 in Indiana? There was (what looked like) a 4cyl zetec that was pretty damn quick, the turbo would make it all make sense!

Todras: Beautiful pics as always. It breaks my heart to think of that car in a million peices all over the place. Still got the hood laying round? :eek:

Here's a few of my car, nothing recent, the paint is hurting these days. The 12 year old redhead is starting to rust a bit :( I guess I cant blame her. She still runs like a champ though! The engine had some top notch installers :cool:

DSCN0980.JPG

DSCN0984.JPG

DSCN0986.JPG

DSCN1021.JPG

Striker2: where you at SZ06 in Indiana? There was (what looked like) a 4cyl zetec that was pretty damn quick, the turbo would make it all make sense!

I was indeed at SZ06. IIRC i was the only Zetec there. if you thought it was pretty quick then, you'll be suprized to hear that it didnt have the turbo on then. :D:D:D

Thank you, the drop will come this spring I am thinking about BAT. What do you think?. Also, a new hood because it was damaged by tree. I would like to say how much I really like this site... you all are awsome!!! The wheels are milli miglia mm113.

BAT is probably the most popular upgrade, best price, and best looking, if you are going for a "just lower than stock" look. It's a good idea.

I was indeed at SZ06. IIRC i was the only Zetec there. if you thought it was pretty quick then, you'll be suprized to hear that it didnt have the turbo on then. :D:D:D

wtf, did you have jesus pushing on your rear bumper or somethin? I guess maybe I just expected a zetec to be much slower, like a turd

wtf, did you have jesus pushing on your rear bumper or somethin? I guess maybe I just expected a zetec to be much slower, like a turd
The zetec with an MTX is not nearly as slow as people think. add a few basic mods and its just as fast as a non-SVT V6

Edit: Ryan, is the 1/4 mile time in your cardomain what you've actually run or is it just a calculated guess?

Edit: Ryan, is the 1/4 mile time in your cardomain what you've actually run or is it just a calculated guess?

Its real. It was my first run at a timed strip ever, and before the 2.5" catback. I know I can do better. For some reason I thought I pulled a 14.5, not a 14.7.... oh well I plan to beat that to hell in May anyway

My 96 Contour before I sold it last year. 22K mile car I bought in Florida. I put ST200 wheels and an SVT exhaust on it, but otherwise stock. Nice Fall Pictures on my private road.
IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Last edited:
The zetec with an MTX is not nearly as slow as people think. add a few basic mods and its just as fast as a non-SVT V6 with a atx

fixed that ...

fixed that ...
seeing as I was running low 16s in the 1/4 (just not at SZ06, that track sucked) and an MTX duratec is claimed to run a 15.8 (which we all now is not likely, espicially since the SVT is claimed at 14.9 :crazy:) I bet i could have kept up with an MTX duratec. :D:D

never had a chance to prove it though.

I never ran slower than 15.4 in my SE, mostly stock....with 150K on it. :shrug:

:)
Josh your SE was a freak of nature. plus your a pretty damn good driver. the average driver with a bone stock SE isnt likely to pull a 15.8

edit: and this is a modded SVT.
Just ran last night. 4 out of the five runs were faster than my previous times... my 1/4 time and mph still seems low. Though... my best 60' foot info from last night :)

Car: 2000 Contour SVT
Wheels: 17x7.5" ATS Complite's
Tires: 235/40-17 Falken Azenis RT-615 at 40psi (street trim)
Differential: Quaife LSD

60': 2.097
330: 6.418
1/8: 9.879
MPH: 70.980
1000: 12.744
1/4: 15.334 MPH: 88.973

Dyno'd during the hot summer at 183hp / 156tq.

Last edited:
Josh your SE was a freak of nature. plus your a pretty damn good driver. the average driver with a bone stock SE isnt likely to pull a 15.8

edit: and this is a modded SVT.

Because a driver can't drive a car to its potential means that it can't run a certain speed on a regular basis? :shrug:

Back