• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whoring the Volvo......(56k just sit and cry)

Hard tracked brembo's will change color... it's pretty common.

Looks to be the same basic brakes as the front of my car... I bought some EBC yellow's (track temp brake pad) for I think like $160. I guess that could be considered expensive.

The rotors are killer.. at least the subie ones are. I was looking at some nice aftermarket 2 piece and those are like 600 a pair.

If you have the STi Brembo's, then they are very similar in design. The Subaru calipers are slightly larger hydraulically 40-46mm and the Volvo calipers are 40-44mm if I remember correctly. I have the prints for both at my desk, I will verify later.

-Todd

Yep, STI brembo's

I put them on my old WRX as well. They performed great, but the pedal feel wasn't great due to the differences in master cylinder between the STi and tandard Rex.

On the sizing, I checked again and I was close. The STi front is 40/46mm on a 326x30mm disc. The Volvo front is 38/42mm on a 330x32 disc. The pad shape is the same, although the material is different.

The rear is a whole different story, as the Subaru is a two piston 36mm on a 317x20mm disc and the Volvo runs a 4-piston 28/30mm on a 330x28mm disc.

Both systems rock hard though!

-Todd

I put them on my old WRX as well. They performed great, but the pedal feel wasn't great due to the differences in master cylinder between the STi and tandard Rex.

On the sizing, I checked again and I was close. The STi front is 40/46mm on a 326x30mm disc. The Volvo front is 38/42mm on a 330x32 disc. The pad shape is the same, although the material is different.

The rear is a whole different story, as the Subaru is a two piston 36mm on a 317x20mm disc and the Volvo runs a 4-piston 28/30mm on a 330x28mm disc.

Both systems rock hard though!

-Todd

Good info to have, Thanks HomerT!

Yeah, i've heard that the STI master cylinder and WRX were different. I need to look into converting... and if will screw my ABS system (The ABS on the WRX is terrible anyway).

Very true... Did you ever see the testing someone did on a gravel or bumpy road or something and with ABS the car stopped like 50-70 feet farther.

Saw it and lived it. Happened to me alot, almost rear ended a semi on Wixom Road at the 96 overpass....so bumpy there that I hit the brake and nothing....pounded the pedal and grabbed the ebrake only to stop inches form the semi.

-Todd

So, I just got back from riding/driving SilverSnake's S60R, and I was very impressed. Didn't drive it a lot, or very hard, but its a darn nice car. My only complaint would be the clutch pedal overcenter spring . . . makes it awfully hard to get used to.

All in all, I'm jealous of all you bastages that got S60Rs recently, lol.

18" Titanium Pegs:
URL]

17" Sport Edition E2 (the winter shoes):
URL]

http://www.fototime.com/{DF719A68-BD68-40CC-B1E4-422A46480E2A}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{C69F6239-4A19-40B6-BE09-C89CBC8A8709}/picture.JPG

PM me if interested.

im still reeling form all this....this is probably the only time in CEG history this many people have gone out and got the same car! except for the initial contour purchase!

I think so far the winner still is Mazda 6 as the key replacement for the contour.

Am I the only one with a G-coupe, let alone an Infiniti?

(The ABS on the WRX is terrible anyway).
Apparently so. One day I left my handbrake on overnight, and the next day I disengaged it and started driving off, only to hear a big clunk from the back. The ABS light came on soon after. It sounded like the rear pads stuck to the rotors overnight. Everything looks alright in the rear and the brakes still feel the same, but the damn light won't go away :blackeye: Time to get the code scanned I guess....

Back