• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: RP RSTB #2

All painted up, ready to go. I'll try to get it installed this weekend.

rstb2.jpg

rstb.jpg

Got my brackets painted and installed this morning. Paint was actually yesterday. Waited on the bar because I couldn't come up with a color. Decided I would go with silver and black like
Smokinjoe posted. Simple and clean. I can always change it later on.

Got my brackets painted and installed this morning. Paint was actually yesterday. Waited on the bar because I couldn't come up with a color. Decided I would go with silver and black like
Smokinjoe posted. Simple and clean. I can always change it later on.

How long did it take you to install the brackets? Pretty easy?

dayam... i missed again...

any chance you have an extra set left over?

I have extra sets, but they will not be at the GB pricing. Shoot me a PM with your details and I'll get you all the info.

How long did it take you to install the brackets? Pretty easy?

The bracket install should really go pretty quick if you have the tools listed in the instructions readily available. Biggest thing is the drill. Removing the carpet is pretty quick. I'm guessing you could have both brackets installed very easily within 1hr 45min... that has a lot of buffer. If you mark up the holes on both sides and then drill all the holes at once it will go a little faster. If you can have yourself and extra set of hands... this could be installed in in about 45min I bet.

Last edited:
Mike is right, brackets installed within 1.75 hrs with fluff. I actually Had one on all the way in but realized I wanted the bracket on the outside of the carpet for cleaner look. So I had to take it back off install the carpet and trim out the the holes.

I really liked Mike's steps he shared, but I didn't go through the all the steps. Some might have commented on the other gb and don't remember the directions off hand. However you don't have to remove the wheel or liners. Also, Mike gave a great solution for holding the backer plates, but if your pretty good visualizer you can line up the bracket and hold with one hand and reach in through the rear door with the other. With the bottom bolt inserted in the bracket, pick it up by head so then the bracket swings upside down. Locate the bottom hole in the body and thread it in. once it's snug swing it 180 and install the other bolts. Don't let go of the wheel well hand until you get all the bolts installed.

I got one of the brackets installed, and the holes drilled for the other side. Took about an hour all together so far. My extra set of hands had to leave so I'll finish it up after work on Tuesday. It was a bit hard to line up, but installing the long bolts to get everything aligned helped a lot. I think the next side will go much faster.

I got mine installed. After learning the proper technique, the other side went ment MUCH quicker. Carpet still needs to be trimmed a bit.

DSCN0477.jpg

Soooo....nobody else installed theirs yet?

Maybe they are like me and have a full room of performance parts and have yet to install them. I now have started a second room lol... I have my racing seats sitting on the spare bed in the other bedroom.

Well everything has shipped, and with the exception of one everything has been delivered. I haven't heard back from everyone, but I guess no word is good? This follow up post is just to verify that everyone is happy with the product. If so I am going to delete everyone's personal information from my records (this will be completed by Monday). The only thing I will retain for my records is your CEG user name, real name, total price, and tracking number. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me at the email provided in the first post.

Thanks again everyone!

Back