• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

VSS Removal

steel

New CEG'er
I've been going over my VSS removal with the forums and after several frustrating hours under and over the car I can't remove it. First off I can just see it from the top or the bottom and I can't find any 5/16 nut or bolt holding anything down. I can just get my left hand in a position to grab it and it will turn about an 1/8 of a turn but that's it. Anyone have any further suggestions? I'm giving up for the day but the weekend looks good!! (98 SVT, mxt trans)

Thanks

That's what I thought but not what I was getting from other forums, they must have been talking about an older sensor. Anyway, I appreciate the feed back now I'll put some elbow grease to it and not feel like I'm goning to snap it off.......

oooo ooo!! i can help with this one i just done it on both my svt's last weekend :rolleyes: you can use your hands its not that difficult unless its really stuck on there which then you will need a 15/16 wrench it should come off fairly easy tho...good luck

Back