• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Fall Meet Thread

there is a car show at CCSU on the 12th I was planning on attending. I know a few others from here and NECO planned on attending.

I think it's too early now to make the call about Saturday.
I say we wait til Thursday before we start getting worried.

And even if we reschedule for the 18th and it ends up raining then, it wouldn't be the first time we have a fall meet with some rain. Last year it held out til the end of our cruise and downpoured pretty well on our drive home.
The rain is hard to avoid this time of year.

i am hoping for no rain on the 11th.
I can't make it the 18th, jess is working and i am going to an auction.

I was just putting ideas out, I know it's early was just wondering what others thought.My cars don't do rain, yeah I'm that anal.

I was just putting ideas out, I know it's early was just wondering what others thought.My cars don't do rain, yeah I'm that anal.

neither do ours, but you must have at least ONE that you do drive in the rain.
:shrug:
We took the Mazda last year because of the rain.

neither do ours, but you must have at least ONE that you do drive in the rain.
:shrug:
We took the Mazda last year because of the rain.

yeah I do, but it's more fun to bring the toys out at the last big meet of the year..worst comes to worst I'll make the wife take the taurus to work and sport the explorer :cool:, atleast then I'll have a V8 to play with if I don't have the stang along :laugh:.

The extended forecast has both Friday and Monday as gorgeous, with only Saturday in between as rainy, so this could change anytime, especially given the distance of that forecast. I can't swing the 18th, but am hopeful that the 11th will work out.

It seems like the rain date isn't doable for a lot of people.
I'd prefer to just stick with the 11th no matter what the weather, but that's just me.

Jared, did you call the restaurant?

It seems like the rain date isn't doable for a lot of people.
I'd prefer to just stick with the 11th no matter what the weather, but that's just me.

Jared, did you call the restaurant?

Sure did. They're prepared for approximately 20 people. I made a reservation under my name. However, I didn't know whether to go with 1 or 2 PM in light of the bog visit, so I made it for 2. They're flexible, and I can change it if need be. Keep me posted.

So?
My parents' anniversary is this week too. I rescheduled to visit Sunday.
Though they might not place as much importance in the date as yours.

So?
My parents' anniversary is this week too. I rescheduled to visit Sunday.
Though they might not place as much importance in the date as yours.

Ya. My parents' anniversary is on Saturday, and I'm still living at home. Sorry, guys. I know you're really disappointed:laugh:

Is it really necessary for you to blow an entire day to spend it with them? What kind of festivities do they have lined up that require you to be there all day?
As Jared pointed out, we'll be arriving at the restaurant at 2:00 at the latest. You could easily skip out on that and be home to have anniversary dinner with the 'rents.
Personally I think celebrating a wedding anniversary without the kids around makes the day more special and romantic.
It's not like you kids were hanging around the night of their wedding, if you catch my drift. ;)

sometimes I think you people just like to come up with last minute excuses.
;) :D :p

yeah I was also going to say I never had to be around for my parents aniversary. they would go out by themselves if that is what they where doing.

I suppose on the big ones like the 25th and the 50th one might feel more obliged to be a part of the celebration. I know those are the ones I would want my kids to help celebrate with me.

Back