• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

odd ebay find

well this is my take...ford must have given bill miller this car to race...how else would he end up with #2?? and he is the one selling it if you look at the ebay name, as far as the taillights maybe someone should just message him

excellent observation! i didnt even realize he's the seller :troutslap:. am just worried about the abuse this car's taken. i dunno wot the deal is with the 1mile thing they have as the mileage. i wonder if he'd just sell me the engine svt sticker...

If you were to look at the photo on pages 88 and 89 of the book "POWERED BY SVT" you will see a T-Red E0 CSVT.
It is an angled passenger side view showing the front of the vehicle as well.
You can see on the wrap-around of the trunk that it has chrome on the bottom of the light lens.. hence MYSTIQUE rear tails.
You will also notice it has a tear-drop antenna base and Pre-98 sails.

I will try to scan a pic of this at work on Thursday and post it up.

Last edited:
How about someone email the guy about exactly what he has done with, how he got it from ford and what the milage really is on it? :shrug: Doesn't sound too hard to me.

Wow, I fall asleep after posting earlier and this is what I wake up to? :blackeye:

The level of stupidity on this site lately amazes me. If you couldn't pick up on my sarcasm earlier, then what do I have to do? I was layin it on pretty damn thick. :rolleyes:

Why would you do something like that? You know we are all on edge anyway from all the coffee, meth and latest Jimmy Eat World cd.

Wow, I fall asleep after posting earlier and this is what I wake up to? :blackeye:

The level of stupidity on this site lately amazes me. If you couldn't pick up on my sarcasm earlier, then what do I have to do? I was layin it on pretty damn thick. :rolleyes:

"im picking up on your sarcasm....i should hope so cause im laying it on pretty thick" - Tommy Boy :D

You can see on the wrap-around of the trunk that it has chrome on the bottom of the light lens.. hence MYSTIQUE rear tails.

I've been toying with the idea of grabbing a pair of Mystique tails for my SVT. To have it like the original SVT. Always thought it looked cool in that video.

EDIT: Anyone notice the headers on it? I bet you a pretty much wide open exhaust helps contribute to that 260hp...

Last edited:
I'll be having a close inspection of it tomorrow.

suckers

Please if the seller doesn't mind, take an arseload of pictures.

Very interesting thread, nonetheless.

Lol, after you let him know it was the 2nd CSVT ever produced, his ad turned into "Ford Contour– Second Contour ever produced." :laugh:

well, Bob Miller is watching the thread now. Maybe he will register?

Bob, thank you again for your time. And thanks to Ben for showing me all the really, really cool cars. Especially the Evolve.

The car is worth it. The engine was built by Kinetic. The way the car is pictured (including the Mystique deck lid) is the way he bought it and it is his personal car. He says he thinks he still has papers from Ford saying that this car doesn't exist. The car has an Accusump system and a still fully charged fire system.

The car has only an hour on it since he bought it. It spent that time on the track at Mosport. They ran into some problems and parked it. Because they mainly deal with Porsches and Volvos they didn't have time to mess with it much more than that. Even though he'd still like to sort the oil cooling system out.

The suspension is 2 way adjustable but he doesn't remember who it's made by. The brakes are stock. The car is a race car so there isn't much to it.

Oh, it has the SCCA Pro certification sticker which is a big deal to any racer. He'd really like this to go to an SVT enthusiast that will use it for what it is and not just park it and part it out.

I wish I could make him an attractive offer but the only thing I can do would be an insult to him and the car.

If anyone wants to buy my 98 SVT and the seperate 3L that is going in it, let me know.

Last edited:
oh yeah, to be able to see all the race cars he has in his beautiful shop was actually better than being able to touch the #2 that doesn't exist.

oh yeah, to be able to see all the race cars he has in his beautiful shop was actually better than being able to touch the #2 that doesn't exist.

So, there is a letter from Ford that says "this car that this guy has doesn't exist"? :laugh:

Kind of like the illegal contract the t-wolves had with joe smith. Lets put this illegal contract in writting so if someone doesn't follow it we have proof. DOH!

it's more like a letter saying it's not intended for anything other than a race car. Kind of like the Body in White program but with a VIN number.
And if you'll remember, SVT has been saying all along that this car was crushed after testing.

it's more like a letter saying it's not intended for anything other than a race car. Kind of like the Body in White program but with a VIN number.
And if you'll remember, SVT has been saying all along that this car was crushed after testing.

Honestly, if there is a CSVT out there that will fetch big money later on, it will be this one.

So I think we can now rule out that the "first 5" were crash tested? As has been rumored for years? And I do in fact know that #4 was for a sale a while ago. FACT. I, however, do NOT know where it ended up...It WAS in the hands of a Ford engineer or someone similar, as it came out of Michigan IIRC

SVT Contour's did not have be crash tested. The testing of the regualr Contour's qualified the SVT's. That is why the SVT Contour has a 2.5 and not a 3.0. It is also why the intake from the fender well narrows when it goes through the fender wall into the engine compartment.
No structural changes were made in creating the SVT version of the Contour, hence no additional crash testing was required by the feds.

Back