• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

iPod/Xplode help

mystiquevltwin

Hard-core CEG'er
I recently bought a chord that hooks into the input of my Sony Xplode HU that lets you play your iPod. My question is, when I plug it in, what setting do I have to put the HU on to let me hear the iPod? Right now, when i plug it in, and hit play (on the iPod) i get nothing.

thanks in advance

kev

Try the manuals

Try the manuals

These may help you:

Install Manual:http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals//CDX-F5000_Install_Manual.pdf

User Guide: http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals//CDX-
F5000_Owners_Manual.pdf

What exact device do you have for ipod hookup? I have the Nyko stereo link cable, gives line out from bottom of ipod, then running through a source selector (complex Alpine maze of wires:crazy: )

Try selecting CD changer, if you can decipher the Sony manual (I gave it a quick glance, needs careful study while you are sitting in your car) Then raise the ipod volume if you are using headphone out on ipod.

I have a CDX-f5700 (which i assume is the same radio as yours but probably has a few more options)

I tried connecting to the black RCA cables (about 5 inches) that are attached to the head unit itself, but nothing happened.

Last monday, I decided to pull the head unit and found out that there is an input on the back next to the pre-out plugs, so I tried it and NOW my iPod works with the AUX function.

I don't know where you tried to plug in your headphone/ipod adaptor, but if you plugged directly into the female RCA plugs coming out of your HU, then that is your problem.:cool:

I have a CDX-f5700 (which i assume is the same radio as yours but probably has a few more options)

I tried connecting to the black RCA cables (about 5 inches) that are attached to the head unit itself, but nothing happened.

Last monday, I decided to pull the head unit and found out that there is an input on the back next to the pre-out plugs, so I tried it and NOW my iPod works with the AUX function.

I don't know where you tried to plug in your headphone/ipod adaptor, but if you plugged directly into the female RCA plugs coming out of your HU, then that is your problem.:cool:

ok I have the same radio and first off the black 5 inch rca cables off the back of the radio are the sub outputs.

next if you would like to just use a 1/8th jack cable from the head phone jack to the aux in you can do that as I tried it last night. What you do is when the radio is off go into the menu and find the option for turning the aux input on/off and make sure its on. then hit the source button until you find the aux and then you can use the ipod.

now I am not sure about the F5000 but the F5700 has the bus controller. therefore I took a chance and picked up Sony's Ipod interface which uses the bus controller and the aux input last night. Why was it a chance? I couldn't find any information that it worked with 2004 headunits. All I could find online is that it worked with 2006 models minus a few. The unit lets you plug in the Ipod and control it from the radio. The speed isn't really fast but its decent and sound quality is good. So I would say if you have a bus controller and you have CD Text/cd changer controller you should be able to use this controller.

you want Sony model XA11OIP and its $50 from Best Buy

I recently bought a chord that hooks into the input of my Sony Xplode HU that lets you play your iPod. My question is, when I plug it in, what setting do I have to put the HU on to let me hear the iPod? Right now, when i plug it in, and hit play (on the iPod) i get nothing.

thanks in advance

kev

The audio input is BUS audio input on that deck. Usually when you hook up a Ipod controller or CD changer the sony's use 2 separate connections, one for control, and one for audio, which is the BUS audio in..... I would use the suggested $50 ipod controller.....

Back