• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 3.0 build ..Crank, No start

Come on Beans... Didn't I send you the picture before you even started?

fb812c8a.jpg

I remember at least telling you to be careful of it!

Yes, i saw that but i still managed to screw it up. oh well. I have awful luck.

I have the engine sealed back up now, I'm having the P/S pump fixed while its all apart, too poor, and can't justify buying a new one over the probloms it had. Once thats all fixed it should be going back in Tuesday.

Edit pics
awful just awful :(
0411091614.jpg

The now CORRECTLY placed pulse wheel :( I hope this pic will help someone else.
0411091610.jpg

Good job beans.

Pud I told beans on the phone at least 8 times to make sure the pulse wheels was on correctly the first time he timed the car.

Well, besides fluids, maybe some gaskets, and time you really aren't out a whole lot of $. I hope it fires up for you ;)

Beans, throw that motor back in, all of the hard stuff is already done, put the covers back on drop that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: back into the car and fire her up and quit whining already.

its kinda funny how careful you are to remind/tell someone to be careful about something, and they still make the mistake, oh well im sure its one Beans wont be making any time soon again :D

I got the P/S pump back today :p All fixed! w000t. I'm cheap and poor now that i am laid off.

My work DID however call me today and said they would have some work for me tomorrow, so at least i can make a couple bucks. So depending on when i get home i should get started.

You swinging by Harrry? ;)

I got the P/S pump back today :p All fixed! w000t. I'm cheap and poor now that i am laid off.

My work DID however call me today and said they would have some work for me tomorrow, so at least i can make a couple bucks. So depending on when i get home i should get started.

You swinging by Harrry? ;)

If i have time...i might swing by friday. Since i'm going that way...and your only mins from my parents home. i might swing by friday before i go to chruch that night.

w00000000000t

w00000000000t

It's.... ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alive.jpg

Amazing how much better it starts with the pulse wheel on right :crazy: I was so nervous starting it i almost threw up ...Fired right up though
Straight headers is LOUD!! REAL LOUD. Ive heard Contours start with open precats, but this was in a whole different league loud.

My newest issue i need to take care of is the shifting. I only can get into 2,4, and R and that's just BARELY. 1,3,5 are not there at all..

I need to pick up a few more things before it gets road ready though. (More so a list for me)

Tires
Exhaust gaskets
Exhaust hardware
New front Rotors/Pads
Endlinks
Strut mounts

your cables are obviously fubarred. check em out. glad to hear its alive!!! im so proud of my little adam! :)

Check the cable ends first. Sounds like your bushing is shot. After those check out, adjust your cables and you should be ready to roll! :cool:

Well Ford makes a tool to hold your shifter in the very center of Neutral. If you don't have this though, you can have somebody hold it as close to center as possible. Then you pop the cable end off of the shift tower and push the orange button in. Make sure the tranny itself is in neutral (Black Pendulum straight up and down) and then slide the cable end onto the shift cable itself until it lines up perfectly with the pin on the shift tower. Push it on to the tower and then release the orange button to allow the teeth to hold that position.

Well Ford makes a tool to hold your shifter in the very center of Neutral. If you don't have this though, you can have somebody hold it as close to center as possible. Then you pop the cable end off of the shift tower and push the orange button in. Make sure the tranny itself is in neutral (Black Pendulum straight up and down) and then slide the cable end onto the shift cable itself until it lines up perfectly with the pin on the shift tower. Push it on to the tower and then release the orange button to allow the teeth to hold that position.

Sweet, appreciate that. It also explains why they are not aligned i saw that "orange button" pulled out, must have got knocked out on one of the pulls.

Another question: What sort of hardware should i use from the Headers to Y-Pipe? and from Y-Pipe to Exhaust the nuts/bolts are absolutely pwned.

Back