• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 3.0 build ..Crank, No start

Like mentioned Beans adjust your cables. Dont have to pull the ends off though. Put the car on the ground, turn the wheel to the right, and reach in and press the orange button in, wiggle the shifter a little for/aft. Than have someone place it dead center, while holding, release the button. See how this works. If you can drive it without griding, drive it out to me and Ill adjust them properly. :cool:

Hey Beans, you want the orange button to be out.That means the teeth are locked in place. When you're adjusting them, you push it in.

Hey Beans, you want the orange button to be out.That means the teeth are locked in place. When you're adjusting them, you push it in.

Okay :crazy:

Thanks Brett, i might take you up on that, I'll use Euro tours method to at least get them usable.

Does anyone have a good source for exhaust hardware? Mine is VERY bad, need it for y pipe and exhaust.

Okay :crazy:

Thanks Brett, i might take you up on that, I'll use Euro tours method to at least get them usable.

Does anyone have a good source for exhaust hardware? Mine is VERY bad, need it for y pipe and exhaust.

what do you mean? Just the bolts? if you need just bolts head up to murrays or a local hardware store, take the crappy old bolts and find ones of similar size and length, dont forget to get a couple of washers.

I got a couple of stainless steel bolts, no rust issues :cool:

what do you mean? Just the bolts? if you need just bolts head up to murrays or a local hardware store, take the crappy old bolts and find ones of similar size and length, dont forget to get a couple of washers.

I got a couple of stainless steel bolts, no rust issues :cool:

See the problem with that is the stock ones are rusted to nothing, and whats left is rusted solid to the exhaust.

I made a post in teh exhaust section :shrug: But yes i would most def want to get some Stainless steels bolts :crazy:

See the problem with that is the stock ones are rusted to nothing, and whats left is rusted solid to the exhaust.

I made a post in teh exhaust section :shrug: But yes i would most def want to get some Stainless steels bolts :crazy:

you should be able to pound them through, IIRC all of the exhaust bolts are studded into the exhaust components, you can take a large hammer and knock them through, although if they are that rust welded you might need to cut the bolts flush then drill new hole, measure how long the bolts need to be.

Alright, i was hoping some one could have told me something like "m10 blah blah blah" But i guess I'll figure it out

Back