• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my 98

There is a difference between a typo and a lack of basic gramatical skill...

just messing with you lol

You can hear it a little bit more

idk, guess you cam must not catch the sound well or something. Probably doesnt help you are recording with the exhaust in doorway to the garage there, thats gonna screw up the acoustics. Anyways, I guess its not important. A mild cam, porting, exhaust and an intake is usually only good for 20-30hp at best. Looks like you are running pretty rich anyways, get on a dyno whenever you can and get a tune. Thats why you get so much soot on your tailpipes. Once you get on a dyno you can dial in your mixture and your timing and I bet you will see an easy 245-250 with the mods you are claiming. If you can get the money together upgrade your rockers. Your ignition would also be another place to put some money into, you'll want a better ignition if you start upping the timing. Is it still the stock valving in that? Is that HO intake portmatched between the upper and lower? I swear they are alway so horribly matched, even if they came off the same vehicle, I think the quality control wasnt the best on them. Anyways, if you havent gotten around to that, thats a real cheap project, just costs you a couple sets of gaskets. I am assuming the heads are portmatched to the intake, but a lot of people overlook the upper to lower.

BTW is it right on your cardomain when you say you have poly trans mounts? You dont have anything listed for your engine mounts so I was just thinking that would kinda suck with stock motor mounts, or do you have solid mounts? I cant remember off the top of my head which mounts that would have come with.

just messing with you lol

idk, guess you cam must not catch the sound well or something. Probably doesnt help you are recording with the exhaust in doorway to the garage there, thats gonna screw up the acoustics. Anyways, I guess its not important. A mild cam, porting, exhaust and an intake is usually only good for 20-30hp at best. Looks like you are running pretty rich anyways, get on a dyno whenever you can and get a tune. Thats why you get so much soot on your tailpipes. Once you get on a dyno you can dial in your mixture and your timing and I bet you will see an easy 245-250 with the mods you are claiming. If you can get the money together upgrade your rockers. Your ignition would also be another place to put some money into, you'll want a better ignition if you start upping the timing. Is it still the stock valving in that? Is that HO intake portmatched between the upper and lower? I swear they are alway so horribly matched, even if they came off the same vehicle, I think the quality control wasnt the best on them. Anyways, if you havent gotten around to that, thats a real cheap project, just costs you a couple sets of gaskets. I am assuming the heads are portmatched to the intake, but a lot of people overlook the upper to lower.

BTW is it right on your cardomain when you say you have poly trans mounts? You dont have anything listed for your engine mounts so I was just thinking that would kinda suck with stock motor mounts, or do you have solid mounts? I cant remember off the top of my head which mounts that would have come with.

i'm not really sure on the mounts thats what the ad said it had.

Not to bring an older thread back to life but this was a very humorous thread to read.I came across it looking for something else.Just my 2 cents :)

sometimes its funny when these old threads show up. ford4life did show up to that spring zing and we all had a good time together:cool:

Back