• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my 98

Not to start a pissing contest with you FunInNorthDakota, because I agree with everything you said about the Fox, but what exactly do you have in your Contour to make it into the 13's? I looked at your car domain, and I see exhaust and a body kit. I have a fairly modded 3L and the best the previous owner ever managed with it was a 14.2 with 206 WHP and 198 WTQ at the time. 13's take a lot of mods in an N/A Contour.

Im not in the 13s... I could only beat a mustang thats in the 13s against a driver that doesnt know how to shift or lauch. I am nowhere near 13s. Like I said before, only thing I have in mine a stock SVT doesnt is headers exhaust CAI P&P and a tune. I think thats pretty good for a GL that has been done on a budget.

bring your mustang to spring zing. i'll bet my N/A 3L svt will beat your mustang. i beat those things(mildly modded) all day long
IIRC, the car's not very lightly modded.....
i Could care less about grammar

That's where you went wrong in this whole conversation. When trying to "pwn" someone, one must do their best to appear intelligent. Your arguments would have been much more credible if you didn't type like a chimp in the middle of a mauling.

Also, broad, sweeping generalizations are a BIG TIME no-no. You never know who you may encounter. Frankly, no matter how good a person is at something, there will always be someone who is better. Plus, Bagged is is madman with cars; here is a battle you should not have chosen.

Otherwise, I must admit, I was a bit tough on you; as were a few others. I have seen your Mustang (when you posted it), I like your Mustang, and I really wish you had put two new rotors on the Contour.

Otherwise, I must admit, I was a bit tough on you; as were a few others. I have seen your Mustang (when you posted it), I like your Mustang, and I really wish you had put two new rotors on the Contour.

I should probably apologize for being rough on ford4life too. I just dont like hearing BS. I mean personally I dont dislike your car, I think you are heading in a positive direction, and as long as you like your mustang and keep trying to do good work and dont just slap junk on it, then I am ok with you.

Just dont try say you got something you dont, dont blame mistakes on others, and never say you are the fastest. I wouldnt care if I had a 10 second contour, I wouldnt come on here and say I have the fastest contour unless I was 100% sure and dragged against enough members to be sure that I wasnt gonna get beat. You gotta remember that you might be insulting a lot older more experianced drivers and modders. And statistics show that people in your age group cause a lot of accidents and insurance rates to be higher for everyone, especially "boy racers"

I usually solder :shrug:. Butt connectors are for cheap fixes, and quick repairs. They are fine for something like a stereo, but anyways.... The wiring there looked plenty heavy for HVAC controls. You know what you should have done, if you couldnt afford it with that nice double din DVD(AVIC?) then you should have just bought a cheap double din stereo to replace it and left it the way it was modified. stock wiring to the HVAC controls are one 12 gauge wire a few 14 gauge wires and some 18 gauge wires. Thats a whole lot of 10 and 14 gauge wire from what I saw in that pic. If you are gonna accuse Steeda of anything, you should be accusing him of overengineering his wire extensions (being overly cautious). If that wiring melted, it has nothing to do with the type of wire used. You dont have to worry about a fire though, you would blow fuses long before those wires burned.

Now before I let you off the hook, I want to ask you a couple questions Why do you say you have GT40 heads and intake, then say you have ported E7s as well? Is that the rare double V8 that uses 4 heads? or you just got one of each head? Tell me seriously... Are you just reading mods other people have and then listing those? Also why does it say on your CD 3.73s with a complete rear end build and on here you are saying you are running 4.10s? Did you decide since december that a 3.73 was a poor choice of rear ends and you just chucked your newly rebuilt rearend? That intake manifold is a 5.0 HO probably out of a F150 or explorer so where are you getting GT40 anyways? The plaque on a GT40 intake is wayyy different. Why even lie about that? I would swap a 5.0 HO intake manifold on, its a cheap and effective swap. I think what you are thinking is the GT40P heads that ford racing offered, but you dont have those if you are using "ported E7s" which are the stock heads that came with your 86 GT. Im really starting to get a feeling that you bought it like that.

First the DDin was not there when i started looking at the car from austin. Austin had a single din up when i started looking at it.

Now the mustang I did not realize i was saying GT40 heads also My bad. They are ported E7
The guy i bought the mustang off said it had 3.73 since then i have looked at them and found out they where 4.10's have never updated the mods on CD since i have got the car. They only thing i updated on CD was the pics.

That's where you went wrong in this whole conversation. When trying to "pwn" someone, one must do their best to appear intelligent. Your argumants would have been much more credible if you didn't type like a chimp in the middle of a mauling.

Also, broad, sweeping generalizations are a BIG TIME no-no. You never know who you may encounter. Frankly, no matter how good a person is at something, there will always be someone who is better. Plus, Bagged is is madman with cars; here is a battle you should not have chosen.

I didn't mean to say it was the fastest car on here i was just fed up.

I know there is someone allways better than me. Didn't mean to make it seem like i know everything.

I still don't see the big problem with one new rotor. the only reason i replaced one was because i had a brake pad fall off. the rotor was still really good if it was not for those damn potholes

I didn't mean to say it was the fastest car on here i was just fed up.

I know there is someone allways better than me. Didn't mean to make it seem like i know everything.

I still don't see the big problem with one new rotor. the only reason i replaced one was because i had a brake pad fall off. the rotor was still really good if it was not for those damn potholes

Rotors are like shocks and struts. You should always replace them in pairs. Its an issue of even handling and even brake pressure.

I'll let you off the hook for the wiring thing, but just so you know, you would have no risk of fire, the wiring that is in there is heavy enough it shouldnt burn, unless you have bad contact at a splice and thats where you would build up heat and possibly have failures for the wiring. However a dead short on those wires would pop fuses long before the wires burn. The fuses are designed to blow before the stock size wiring could burn, so wires that heavy you wouldnt have a problem. how did you find out your rear end was a 4.10? Really if the guy rebuilt the rearend he probably knew which one he had. personally on a 5.0 I would prefer the 3.73, especially if you are modding for power, you arent gonna hook up well with that 4.10 and your first shift comes way early. Back to that intake, that is definately a 5.0 HO intake, the GT40 intakes plaque is way different. There isnt a lot of difference between the two intakes so the HO is fine, especially if you are on a budget. Who installed that e303? If you did not personally install it and it was in when you bought it, then I would say there is a high likelihood that whoever sold it to you was not completely honest or you misunderstood them. An E cam is a pretty agressive cam and I would expect you to be pinging unless you are running premium during the hot months. Im sure you are fine during the winter.... But yeah.

IDK why you would want that cam anyways with stock heads, unless you went with larger bore valves.

Rotors are like shocks and struts. You should always replace them in pairs. Its an issue of even handling and even brake pressure.

I'll let you off the hook for the wiring thing, but just so you know, you would have no risk of fire, the wiring that is in there is heavy enough it shouldnt burn, unless you have bad contact at a splice and thats where you would build up heat and possibly have failures for the wiring. However a dead short on those wires would pop fuses long before the wires burn. The fuses are designed to blow before the stock size wiring could burn, so wires that heavy you wouldnt have a problem. how did you find out your rear end was a 4.10? Really if the guy rebuilt the rearend he probably knew which one he had. personally on a 5.0 I would prefer the 3.73, especially if you are modding for power, you arent gonna hook up well with that 4.10 and your first shift comes way early. Back to that intake, that is definately a 5.0 HO intake, the GT40 intakes plaque is way different. There isnt a lot of difference between the two intakes so the HO is fine, especially if you are on a budget. Who installed that e303? If you did not personally install it and it was in when you bought it, then I would say there is a high likelihood that whoever sold it to you was not completely honest or you misunderstood them. An E cam is a pretty agressive cam and I would expect you to be pinging unless you are running premium during the hot months. Im sure you are fine during the winter.... But yeah.

IDK why you would want that cam anyways with stock heads, unless you went with larger bore valves.

The wires where melted together.

A e-cam is not that much more agressive that stock it is more but not to much. Are you thinking of the b303?

i can hear the cam off camera the vids make it hard.

crap, you know what I think you are right..... E-cam just a bit more lift and duration than stock. meh, I can admit when I am wrong. IDK I guess I would have to hear a better sound clip when the car has warm air to suck it. Maybe its just the cold that makes it sound more stock. I may have it confused with a b cam or f cam.

where did the wires melt? at the splices? I would have just soldered and heatshrunk and been done with it. Butt connectors FTL

That's where you went wrong in this whole conversation. When trying to "pwn" someone, one must do their best to appear intelligent. Your argumants would have been much more credible if you didn't type like a chimp in the middle of a mauling.

When trying to tell someone how to appear intelligent, one must spell arguments correctly.

crap, you know what I think you are right..... E-cam just a bit more lift and duration than stock. meh, I can admit when I am wrong. IDK I guess I would have to hear a better sound clip when the car has warm air to suck it. Maybe its just the cold that makes it sound more stock. I may have it confused with a b cam or f cam.

where did the wires melt? at the splices? I would have just soldered and heatshrunk and been done with it. Butt connectors FTL

or x

yea the splice.

i actually like the four eyed body style happens to be one of my favorites. i had an 85 and an 86

I think you were talking about the x cam. E cam is very light cam upgrade.

I had both on my car. :)

yeah I get stupid sometimes, get the b e f x and z mixed around. I forgot that e just changes duration and lift. Goes weird in my head with how much advance there is on the B.

When trying to tell someone how to appear intelligent, one must spell arguments correctly.

PWNed

The e-cam can be very aggressive if used with 1.7 roller rockers. I have that combo on mine and sound way more aggressive then a stock cam. Alot different then the video posted. Its power you can feel.

Anything more than a 1.6 ratio even on a stock cam is gonna be pretty agressive, definately something you could feel. He didnt say anything about rockers, so I am gonna assume that he is running stock rockers and valves. I know from the video the cars timing is ~10 degrees btdc so on a cam without a lot of advance the sound would be semi close to stock but still different. All those ford racing cams have their own melody. He is running it in cold weather so thats probably part of the sound, I mean yeah his exhaust still sounds to me like a stock cam and timing, but meh, like I said I could be wrong, he says it sounds different in person. I guess I will withhold judgement until I can hear a better clip.

Back