• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Re-dyno'd the 3l turbo

Sure, just give me $12,000 for the new bov and you get a free 3l turbo car with the purchase:laugh:[/quote]

i dunno i think it sounds fishy must be a nice blow off valve haha it's a beautiful car though

Ok I am gonna order the Tial bov today and drop the pipe off before disney to have the flange welded on.

Well either way it needs a new bov, I just ordered it so thats done. I am finding out about the wastegate now via text message:cool:

Well either way it needs a new bov, I just ordered it so thats done. I am finding out about the wastegate now via text message:cool:

its really simple ryan. all u have to do is trace the hose that goes to ur wastegate and see where it takes u. if it's routed to the UIM vacuum, then u're good. on the other hand, if it goes to the turbo itself, then it needs to be rerouted.

its really simple ryan. all u have to do is trace the hose that goes to ur wastegate and see where it takes u. if it's routed to the UIM vacuum, then u're good. on the other hand, if it goes to the turbo itself, then it needs to be rerouted.

Ok well I will check that when I get home, unless Stazi replied first. I do know that the nipple on the end of the wastegate dosent have a hose on it at all.

You should really check where your wastegate is reading first... I'd hate to see you drop that loot and have the same problem because your wastegate isn't reading at the intake.

Ok the wastegate IS reading at the intake!

Whose that guy walking up to your window in one of the vids?

Sicse when are you putting up your dyno results?

unless I do the SHM header comparison first - but that's to be talked about some other time. :cool:

I see your still contemplating on taking them huh. I would too. In all honesty i would just move them to a different location to see if he notices then after a few months throw them on your car :laugh:

I kinda thought it was you...just wondering around trying to look important :laugh:

The guy has since been fired & the last time I saw him, he told me he'd sell me them and we could work out a payment plan, but he didn't get my number or give me his. I figure if he ever actually comes to get them, we'll work out a payment plan then. :laugh: In the meantime, there's is NO reason for me to just drool over them every day. Yesterday, I got to grinding on the sh*tty y-pipe merge & radiused the bend to ease the flow transition. :cool: Hopefully I fix my detonation, install the 2.0 rockers, THEN do the headers. Once I finally get to them, I plan to dyno it with the mani cats as a baseline, then open long tubes, then include the y-pipe, then with my exhaust as I will be running it. Hopefully three runs with each configuration so as to have a relatively accurate comparison.

I don't blame you for wanting them then. I don't he even cares for them anymore.

The problem with those dyno ideas and we have both agreed on this in the past, is takes time between mods for the computer to recalibrate. An average of 5-6days. In this case we won't see those adjustments made.

You should go from a full exhaust down to only headers :laugh:

Back