• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Duraflex Group Buy 2013!

if everyone in the GB receives their splitter without any issues, we will have TWO splitters left. available at non-GB pricing at $350 each plus shipping. we still have a few blems available and a couple carbon fiber splitters as well.

**i just added Daven to the list. he sent his deposit at the beginning of the GB but i didnt notice and he didnt notice his name not on the list lol. so he's not a standby buyer whom i sold a splitter to

I got my DF Mirko today! And free of damage! I'll have pics and measurements very soon!
B&G suspension with 215/45/17's
Before: About 5in. at the corner
After: About 4in. at the corner
Keep in mind its not mounted or painted, just mocked up. Also, It fits really good and is VERY tight.

Last edited:
My wife let me know that mine arrived today also. I warned her that she needed to inspect it before signing for it, and she did not say anything about damage so I hope it is ok when I get home.

My fingers are crossed Bob! I guess my roommate must have signed for mine, but didn't inspect it like the label on the box said. I was worried when I saw the box on the porch, but the box and its contents turned out to be perfect!

Update: Found out it was not signed for, they just left it on my porch. WTF!

Ok, took a look at it. The box was in excellent condition, and the splitter was well protected inside the box, wrapped in lots of bubble wrap. If it was damaged during shipping, I cannot find any evidence of how it could have happened.

After unwrapping the splitter, and taking it outside, I noticed an approximately dime-sized spot where it looks like there was an air-bubble in the product that had been "popped" by pressure from the bubble wrap/tape/box. I can also feel a slight dome on the back side of the splitter where this blemish is. This blemish is on the drivers side, just before the wrap around piece. Pics are below.

I did a test fit on the car (without fastening it to the car) and observed that the fit of the splitter as a whole was decent, but along the top of the passenger side it seemed to angle away from the body of the car. When I held the wrap around piece in a location that approximated it being atached and mounted, there was still a slight gap along the top of the passenger side. Is it possible to re-shape this with a little heat or is this not fixable?

Lastly, there were several very small indentations in many locations on the splitter, but I think these can be filled/smoothed as part of the paint prep and I would not expect them to be a problem.

Here are a few pics I snapped quickly with my phone.

is that bubble part a hole going all the way through? either way, im sure it can be covered in the paint prep process as well as the other parts you mentioned. not sure if heat can bring that part in more.

either way on both things, ill ask pete to chime in since he has lots experience working with these.

Ok, took a look at it. The box was in excellent condition, and the splitter was well protected inside the box, wrapped in lots of bubble wrap. If it was damaged during shipping, I cannot find any evidence of how it could have happened.

After unwrapping the splitter, and taking it outside, I noticed an approximately dime-sized spot where it looks like there was an air-bubble in the product that had been "popped" by pressure from the bubble wrap/tape/box. I can also feel a slight dome on the back side of the splitter where this blemish is. This blemish is on the drivers side, just before the wrap around piece. Pics are below.

I did a test fit on the car (without fastening it to the car) and observed that the fit of the splitter as a whole was decent, but along the top of the passenger side it seemed to angle away from the body of the car. When I held the wrap around piece in a location that approximated it being atached and mounted, there was still a slight gap along the top of the passenger side. Is it possible to re-shape this with a little heat or is this not fixable?

Lastly, there were several very small indentations in many locations on the splitter, but I think these can be filled/smoothed as part of the paint prep and I would not expect them to be a problem.

Here are a few pics I snapped quickly with my phone.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Obviously some of the small imperfections can be fixed during prep, although I'd expect them to arrive in better condition. What concerns me the most is the way it fits. To answer your question, yes they can be heated and shaped a bit. My suggestion is work on it and see if you can get it to your liking as far as fit. If you can't then we'll have to replace it for you. Let me know how it turns out. Thanks

Pete

Up for grabs is a chance to get a group by mirko splitter, selling my spot, just need to pay me for the deposit and pay the remaining $250 to Steve. Had some changes in priorities since the group buy started and just can't justify putting more money into my SVT right now.

Up for grabs is a chance to get a group by mirko splitter, selling my spot, just need to pay me for the deposit and pay the remaining $250 to Steve. Had some changes in priorities since the group buy started and just can't justify putting more money into my SVT right now.

here's someone's chance to grab one at GB pricing without having to wait for months and months for more to arrive.

Oh ••••! I am so sorry I forgot that I even put my money into this! Can I still send you the $250 on Monday for my balance or is it too late and I forfeited my deposit??? I got so side tracked with the 3L swap that I didn't remember I bought into this. I still really want it, but I hope Monday isn't too late... :cry:

Oh ••••! I am so sorry I forgot that I even put my money into this! Can I still send you the $250 on Monday for my balance or is it too late and I forfeited my deposit??? I got so side tracked with the 3L swap that I didn't remember I bought into this. I still really want it, but I hope Monday isn't too late... :cry:

ill give you till sunday night, 11pm, PST

lol. no problem. i have to send a few pms for some people im still waiting on.

Back