• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Well I know it would be alot of work.

Does anybody know where I could find the dimensions for a SHO front end?

Before you get too excited those v8 sho's were only Automatic :nonono: That's a downgrade in my opinion. Every non contour enthusiast I've ever told about my engine swap has first asked the question..... Why didn't you put a SHO engine in it? That'd be sweet! :rolleyes: It'd be SOOOO much work. All that for an automatic? Then you'd be dealing with wiring harness problems and ecu problems for months if not years. Then they go on to ask, well why not the Yamaha V6? They came in a manual transmission. They just don't get it :laugh: The 3L swap is hard enough, that's not dealing with swapping out entire wiring harnesses, ecu's, custom making brackets/linkages/cables/exhaust/etc. To tinker with all that would drive me insane :dizzy: I like the "Bolt On" factor of the 3L along with the all stock look (except for the straight swaps).

Yeah. Oh well. Maybe ill just work on the rear drive v-8 for now.:laugh:

Good plan ;) There are a lot of Focus projects like that, no Contours to my knowledge.

I'm still looking for another CSVT or Cougar V6 5 speed project but so far no luck :laugh: I've found plenty of them, just none within the right price range or distance that haven't sold before I got to them.

Todays weather update. Looking better

Partly Cloudy
Hi: 75°
Lo: 48°
Partly cloudy. Lows 45 to 50. Highs 72 to 77.

Good plan ;) There are a lot of Focus projects like that, no Contours to my knowledge.

I'm still looking for another CSVT or Cougar V6 5 speed project but so far no luck :laugh: I've found plenty of them, just none within the right price range or distance that haven't sold before I got to them.
Im trying to find a cheaper pre 98 for a DD but theres just not any around here. Wait I take that back. There was ONE. I test drove it and the front end made more noise than the engine did. So I promptly returned the car and told them to have a nice day.:laugh:

Good :)

Those things must be a tough sale, I see them for sale cheeeeap all the time, although almost all of them need work :laugh:

I haven't advertised it yet. Needs a wheelbearing, leaks oil from oil pan gasket, cracked windshield (only a 2 year old windshild too doh!), struts could be replaced, clockspring, and new sunroof seal. Runs smoother than my svt....and it has 200K miles. LOL. Comes with like 2 sets of SE rims. Also I have a set of 16" Miglia 1000 rims for sale. $100 and you pick them, they are yours. :)

Eh nah. Most of our tourists are from the cities and some from Wisconsin. It gets really annoying when they stand around looking up at the bridge or the hill to take pictures. Ive seriously wanted to run some people over. Ugh.

I still don't see how they can steer those huge ore ships threw that and not hit anything (most of the time). Wind, current, size, speed. Too much for me to figure out. :)

And we would only need to run over some people to get our cars there. LOL.

I still don't see how they can steer those huge ore ships threw that and not hit anything (most of the time). Wind, current, size, speed. Too much for me to figure out. :)

Thats fine... Who wants to be the runner-over-er? Heck I want to repaint my front bumper anyhow :)

Thats a sweeet link :laugh: I think we need to get our cars down there in front of that camera ;)
Well I heres the thing. I was thinkin about it, and you can just drive down there onto the pier. I wanted to get some pictures of a bunch of cars on there with the bridge behind. But I dont think the city would ever ok it, becasue their stupid.

Its no longer done by humans. All ships that I know of are steered by GPS and computers.

Edit: There was that one time earlier this year where a ship was going out and something went wrong and it smashed into the bay end of the pier.

Alright.. Seriously people. Two days to go here.

We need to figure out final facts.

A. I would like some input from everyone thats gonna come as to where they would like to eat.

B. Current list of people coming for sure.

C. The twin cities group need to figure out where your meeting up for the drive up.

When you guys get that settled somebody let me know and ill give ya my phone number so you's dont get lost.:laugh:

Edit:
Attendance list: (Add and edit as needed.)

1. elraido - Jason
2. cnewton44 - Clayton
3. Redlineracer12 - Tony
4. KyleQ
5. IceFury
6. jhallamek?
7. TRicker?
8. CSVT#49

Last edited:
Twin cities caravan is going to meet somewhere in North Branch around 11:30 We can meet there and take off by about 11:45 so be there before then or you will miss out on the caravan :).... Anyone have a suggestion as to where we can meet there? I can't remember if they have a gas station right off the highway or not..

As of right now I only know KyleQ is willing to caravan but I can ask TRicker. #49 would you wanna caravan? Icefury?

Back