• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Have you ever taken your car to a SPA? ** 56K EXTREME WARNING **

Manimillion

Veteran CEG'er
Here is my photo journal on how we spent our Sunday.

10:15AM - I woke up with a pearl white impreza sitting in our driveway. Looked out the window and the sun was really showing off the pearl in the paint.

10:35AM - *Inhale* Oh my, new car smell. The odometer confirmed the new car smell as well. But what was Subaru thinking when they painted the car pearl white?

10:45AM - We really needed to see "The Beauty of All Wheel Drive"

1.jpg

10:47AM - The fun got dull really fast. In tribute to the first rally of Norway we needed some place with about half a meter of fresh snow.

11:00AM - After a phone call to a friend, we were directed to a deserted road with exactly what we were looking for!

11:05AM - I get behind the wheel and disaster strikes! I pulled a Peter Solberg! ahaha. Shot the corner too fast, got out of the tracks we carefuly made so we dont' get stuck. We saw how useless AWD can in deep snow, specially with no locking differential :) Maybe it doesn't look as bad, but scroll down 1 more picture and you will see what we are talking about.

2.jpg

3.jpg

11:25AM - We are still stuck, we needed to dig out the snow from under the car, so the passenger tires actually touch the snow/ground.

11:28AM - A gentelman with a funky Japanese dog sees us stuck and he comes to help us.

12:15PM - We finaly heard the car sink down, and yes, it is out. The gentelman with the funky Japanese dog realises the dog isn't around anymore goes out looking for the dog before we can even thank him for his help.

4.jpg

12:30PM - The snow got boring real fast. We decided to go out of town, and find some trails we can go on.

12:40PM - Oh pull over pull over! We need one of those watersplash pictures.

5.jpg

12:41PM - After taking the watersplash picture, we were getting hopeless on finding some trails. So we drove into another town. As briliant as the idea was, we decided to lay some graphics on the car, we pull over to acomplish our goal, and disaster #2 strikes!
6.jpg

12:42PM - I've never got out of a car so fast, I even forgot which door I got out of, since my brother was still in the driver seat while I was out snapping a picture.

12:45PM - Another gentelman with another funky dog (husky) sees us stuck, comes to help us out.

7.jpg

12:48PM - We really need a locking differential! Once again, we realised we can't get out on our own haha

12:50PM - An older gentelman in an old Crown Victoria pulls out of a farm while shaking his head. Rolls down his window and says, wait they are coming to get you.

12:55PM - James, brings out the official Subaru Rescue vehicle.

TADAAA!

8.jpg

9.jpg

01:10PM - We really were getting hungry. What better then four $1 Whopper's! So we decided to visit our friend Matt @ BK! Since he was from around the area, we needed someone to direct us where this famour car SPA was. We think after being stuck twice, this little suby deserved some pampering!

10.jpg

Last edited:
01:20PM - Those whoppers went down fast, and we hit the road to find this SPA. Jackpot, we ordered the mud bath, I have always heard people getting good results! After 10 minutes, we needed to switch the drivers so I can get behind the camera.

11.jpg

01:25PM - No comment!

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

03:00PM - We had to head back into town to pick up a buddy, this was too much fun for him to pass.

15.jpg

16.jpg

04:00PM - We stop at a gas station to get some videos of what peoples reactions were. :)

04:15PM - We arrive at my buddies house to pick him up, but his parents make us some warm drinks so we can warm up before we head out for more fun. But we can't miss the prime time to take some nice pictures, sunset!

05:00PM - We arrive at the SPA, I step out on duty as the photographer. While the @sshole behind the wheel thinks it would be funny to cover me up with dirt. But oh well, we are out to have fun, no hurt feelings.

Here are the pictures, excuse us if you don't find them satisfying, but they were only shot with a point and shoot camera.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

05:55PM - I look at my watch. STOOOOP! Being a huge rally fan and a big fan of Colin McRae, I knew this picture would be worth a thousand words!

33.jpg

06:00PM - Dude, stop! Look at the car :)

22.jpg

23.jpg

06:05PM - While being cursed at because I suddenly had the shutter bug once I was mesmerized by this beauty.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

06:20PM - We head back to BK to fill up the growling stomachs.

30.jpg

31.jpg

06:40PM - We came up with a great idea of picking up my photography equipment so we can go and take some pretty pictures of this work of art!

06:42PM - Milage report.

32.jpg

06:45PM - Couple of phone calls to friends to tell them our next destination.

07:15PM - Met up with our fellow STi Owner to give him an idea of what we can do to his car, once his broken collar bone is healed.

07:16PM - Ditch the point and shoot camera, assign videography duties to it, bring out the DSLR, and start shooting.

Here are some of the images.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

09:00PM - After few cups of warming cofee, we decided to take our car back to its roots, and show its siblings what they will look like once they grow up!

40.jpg

09:35PM - We pull into a parking lot covered with ice and snow, the brilliant mind behind the steering wheel decides to make a UFO landing spot, but a local police officer was watching us from couple of yards away (which we did not see).

09:40PM - We stop bring out the camera and the tripod to snap a couple of pictures, the police cruiser enters the parking lot. License, ownership proof of insurance! We quickly let the officer know what we are upto, he asks who was driving as he couldn't see. He goes into the cruiser runs our ID's.

09:44PM - 4 more police cruisers come into the parking lot. The coolest police officers that I've met in my entire life. They have a great laugh, and don't punish us for our (as they called it) innocent fun. They approve that it was the dirtiest car they had ever seen, and realise we actually cleaned out the vital spots to see out the mirros and the back, so they let us be, ask us to leave the property as it was private property.

10:00PM - We take this warrior to the local War Museum, but can't find anyone in charge to put our warrior on display in the War Museum.

This thread should have been called "The beauty of bumper to bumper warrenties"

Mani, awesome pictures and that sure looked like alot of fun, needs more SVT taken offroad haha :D. That is the dirtiest Impreza I have seen yet it still looks so good.

Aaron

Mani, awesome pictures and that sure looked like alot of fun, needs more SVT taken offroad haha :D. That is the dirtiest Impreza I have seen yet it still looks so good.

Aaron

Come on down next weekend, lets try that LSD of yours :laugh: The Citroen Xsara Kit Cars, and the Peugeot 306 Kit Cars were doing great with FWD. Time for the Contour's to shine :dizzy:

dude thats beautiful. reminds me of when i had my jeep cherokee out on the weekends and the only goal was to get it as muddy as humanly possible

Nima and Mani. The only to people in the world i would let build and take photos of my car BUT never will i EVER let them drive it. LOL sorry guys but I have seen you drive...I like my car lol

Wesley

AMAZING!

My parents receive a Subaru magazine from the dealer, I think it's called Drive. You should send some of those pics to them, get them published.

Back