• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of JDM projectors

I-Dom-In-8

Hard-core CEG'er
My Heart is in WGL, but My Body is in Chicago
I know people are wondering what the hell the differnce is and here is a couple pics so you get the idea....Alex or harroon im sure will post pics of what our projectors should look like..I will get some futher ones if i get a chance before i pull these off..

normal_IMG_2843.JPG

normal_IMG_2845.JPG

normal_IMG_2847.JPG

the large step goes to the left on JDM housing, on DOT (USDM) or ECE (euro except for UK) they step to the right like this:

DSC02238.jpg

or you can really see the step here:

DSC01954.jpg

the large step goes to the left on JDM housing, on DOT (USDM) or ECE (euro except for UK) they step to the right like this:

DSC02238.jpg

or you can really see the step here:

DSC01954.jpg

That way you don't blind oncoming drivers/traffic. That's the problem with JDM lights.

Well here is the thing....the way the HLs are situated normally the fogs do more work lighting the signs rather than the projectors.

Kevin raised his HLs more than factory.

Looks good Kev, can't wait to see it in person:cool:

BTW Kev, the gas tank needs less fuel next time:rolleyes: :troutslap: :laugh: (inside bit, sorry guys)

This is mine at the moment..it tends to flicker alot for on coming traffic, plus I used my old camera for this pic which is why it looks yellow

IMG_0238.jpg

In the spring I will change to this..(right puddles? :D )

yy100_0612.jpg

Well here is the thing....the way the HLs are situated normally the fogs do more work lighting the signs rather than the projectors.

Kevin raised his HLs more than factory.

That is....... retarded. If the fogs are lighting up signs then they were aimed at the sky and would blind people. Lighting for signs is (and only needs to be) very minimal. Some projectors use a tiny little hole in the projector cutoff to let some light escape up (sometimes called a squirrel finder). But the steps are designed as they are to light up road signs, on the side of the road.

Back