• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mach1 lip say wha?

Same deal though - the bottom of the Mondeo bumper is flat. When you curve it up in the center to mate it to the middle of the SVT bumper, it'll probably look just as out of place as the Mach 1.

Won't know until someone tries it. The void in the lip might mate with where ours is raised.

yhst-1918367471896_2051_33372209

dude, STFU. we're all for stuff outside of the box. but just because it's different doesn't mean it's better. and in this case, a wavy looking chin spoiler looks like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

well i didnt know you were elected to speak for everyone but thats cool. Didnt say because its differant then its better than anything, just saying its cool people are trying new things.

+1. TRicker tried something, posted up pictures for people to make up their own opinions on, and possibly replicate if they like it. I feel he took the criticism really well and should be commended for that. Whether he likes it or not is completely up to him.

things end up being "cookie cutter" because they generally work well. And in the grand scheme of things, if we were "cookie cutter" we'd be driving much more popular(and imo boring and played out) cars to begin with.

I dont think its true that things on here are cookie cutter because they work well. Like the pre98 antenna base, I think they look good but everytime someone posts a pick of their car that doesnt have one people jump real quick on something so petty. what "grand scheme" would you be talking about? Cause im talking about the cookie cutter issues on CEG so im talking about contour owners, not car owners in general.

i didnt mean to cause an argument here guys. everyone is entitled to their own opinions and choices. in this case, it doesn't really matter enough to me if you like it or not. its an option. that is all. the older i get the more i learn not to care, lol. lately i have taken it upon myself to make a stink everywhere mostly because i'm frustrated and i bring my real life's issues to CEG and take it out on you guys. seriously, LOL. i appreciate the criticizm good or bad, i guess all in all its better than no lip IMO, but its no mirko.

and the cookie cutter comment i kinda do agree with. yes mods that work are cool but if someone does something different it seems people are quick to jump all over it. which is fine too. either way, having a contour is stepping outside the box in itself so i think we all get unique/rare points for being so awesome in the first place. hehehe

thx again, -ty-

well i didnt know you were elected to speak for everyone but thats cool. Didnt say because its differant then its better than anything, just saying its cool people are trying new things.

no, you said

notice around here that you have an idea thats not cookie cutter CEG Contour then people wont like it

i wasn't elected to do a thing. but you certainly are in no position to make general statements about a car forum you have little involvement with. especially if they are way off base. :idea:

...how are they off base? The only way to differentiate the cars on here anymore are the wheels.

Yeah, because we have so many quality options to differentiate ourselves with. I can count the options for bumpers/body kits on one hand! Most of them suck. The only decent looking stuff is SVT or AAS front bumper IMO. Mirkos are sweet but not for everyone because of ride height. No aftermarket headlight/tail-light options besides going pre98/post98. Spoilers/wings are either over the top and ridiculous or factory of some sort. M3 lips spoilers are decent. A couple of sets of grills that members take time out of their lives to create for others. Eyelids/no eyelids, tints. What else is there?

What do you want people to do? It's a dead platform so people hang out to what is available, which isn't much to begin with. Not everyone can fiberglass or do things themselves. Wheels are about the only thing you have lots of options on, and even then, 4x108 isn't THAT overly abundant.

The SVT is already a great looking car so a few things like lowering, wheels, grills and I don't see why anyone WOULD want to modify it aesthetically any further.

...how are they off base? The only way to differentiate the cars on here anymore are the wheels.

ugh... can you not read either? here, let me quote it... again.....

notice around here that you have an idea thats not cookie cutter CEG Contour then people wont like it

THAT is off base. as a matter of fact, the reasoning you use is what makes it off base. everyone here is usually pretty excited to see something new tried on this platform, simply because there are limited options anymore. BUT... just because it's "different" doesn't make it "good".

get it?

when i saw this done on the SHOs i wondered about it for the contour. the sho guys said it wouldnt look right due to our bumper's shape.

i agree, it looks odd with the curves in it. but definitely big kudos for trying it out! and if you like it, than its cool. :cool:

id love to see some sort of viable, low cost alternative to the mirko.

THAT is off base. as a matter of fact, the reasoning you use is what makes it off base. everyone here is usually pretty excited to see something new tried on this platform, simply because there are limited options anymore. BUT... just because it's "different" doesn't make it "good".

get it?

see this is what CEG does. "different" is fine.

if you don't like it, thats fine in your opinion.

but you are not the highest authority on what is considered "good" (sorry, but nobody is)

in my opinion, (i said opinion, my own personal thoughts on the subject!)

mirkos look GREAT. but they are F'N FIBERGLASS! WORST TYPE OF MATERIAL TO PUT NEXT TO THE GROUND, PERIOD!

if mirkos were made of eurethane or plastic or w/e i'd have one. not something brittle like fiberglass. thats just stupid IMO.

That is a nice looking splitter. Post more pics, front shot and close-up where it attaches to Mondeo bumper cover.

Can honestly say I've never heard of Seat. I thought you spelled the car name wrong but a quick google showed not.

enh.jpg

splitter011Small-1.jpg

splitter014Small-1.jpg

the legs in the centre require a bit of trimming to suit the angle of the bumper. oh and excuse the stone chips.

splitterleg002Small.jpg

splitterleg004Small.jpg

see this is what CEG does. "different" is fine.

if you don't like it, thats fine in your opinion.

but you are not the highest authority on what is considered "good" (sorry, but nobody is)

well no crap. i'm not speaking for everyone. just gave my opinion on the looks.

Mach lip

Mach lip

Hey its fine, much better than nothing.
The garage door thingy is cool too. Back in the 70's we used the garden bed surround black thingys to make side skirts, worked for us and I saw cars a the SCCA events using 'em too.

"Neccesity is the mother of invention"

BTW The Mirko is shaped as it is because its supposed to actually do something, deflect and direct the air. The lip adds downforce and helps keep air from under the car, the "flat" part directs air around the car...............................

no, you said

i wasn't elected to do a thing. but you certainly are in no position to make general statements about a car forum you have little involvement with. especially if they are way off base. :idea:

Well first off i didnt say it made anything better or worse. I do think the cookie cutter contour lives here. And what more involvement is there for me to have??? I read the posts, respond, drive to other members houses to help work on their cars, ive been here for almost a year, and sorry but going to spring zing is about the only thing more I could do. And sorry but its too much money for me to spend to do something like that for my Lightning and Contour. I do lightning fest and cant afford both.

I stand by my statement, having read hundreds of posts I think im qualified to make general statements.

Yeah, because we have so many quality options to differentiate ourselves with. I can count the options for bumpers/body kits on one hand! Most of them suck. The only decent looking stuff is SVT or AAS front bumper IMO. Mirkos are sweet but not for everyone because of ride height. No aftermarket headlight/tail-light options besides going pre98/post98. Spoilers/wings are either over the top and ridiculous or factory of some sort. M3 lips spoilers are decent. A couple of sets of grills that members take time out of their lives to create for others. Eyelids/no eyelids, tints. What else is there?

What do you want people to do? It's a dead platform so people hang out to what is available, which isn't much to begin with. Not everyone can fiberglass or do things themselves. Wheels are about the only thing you have lots of options on, and even then, 4x108 isn't THAT overly abundant.

The SVT is already a great looking car so a few things like lowering, wheels, grills and I don't see why anyone WOULD want to modify it aesthetically any further.

this post right here should've ended all this cookie-cutter nonsense talk... makes perfect sense to me:shrug:

this post right here should've ended all this cookie-cutter nonsense talk... makes perfect sense to me:shrug:

That doesnt end anything. The OP did something that was a new option not many people would think to try and people immediatly go into the normal mirko or nothing stance.

Your car better have a pre 98 antenna base, with a Mirko, and if you want performance only option is a 3L, dont bother trying other motors or trans options, and dont waste yout time with the 2.5L that came in it.

I understand these options work and work well. And there is nothing wrong with tours that have these mods, pretty kick a$$ cars, but if someone wants to try something else people here act like theres no reason to.

That doesnt end anything. The OP did something that was a new option not many people would think to try and people immediatly go into the normal mirko or nothing stance.

Your car better have a pre 98 antenna base, with a Mirko, and if you want performance only option is a 3L, dont bother trying other motors or trans options, and dont waste yout time with the 2.5L that came in it.

I understand these options work and work well. And there is nothing wrong with tours that have these mods, pretty kick a$$ cars, but if someone wants to try something else people here act like theres no reason to.

i see ur point. but we're on an internet board. its devoid of emotion. u have to read meaning and feeling into sentences typed out. like was brought out, the "common" mods or nuthn mentality doesnt exist. i went back thru this thread and saw that almost all commended the OP tricker on trying sumthn new. however, they posted what they felt about it. our tours are anomalous in the car world. the contours on a contour(pun intended) make it difficult to explore a variety of aesthetic modifications. hence the few options we have. this is what brings many tour owners here. we think the same way FOR THE MOST PART. and here's my opinion as well... that splitter tricker added looks odd, to me anyway.

get it?

I'll respond to both of you with another quote. The only part that matters is the bold text.

well no crap. i'm not speaking for everyone. just gave my opinion on the looks.

Back