• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mach1 lip say wha?

Like everyone else is saying, A on effort but the curves around the foglights make it look ghetto and like it shouldn't be on there.

yeah. its pretty much gotta curve that way unless you want it to stick out past the flat spot on the bottom of the bumper. i tried it both ways. it doesn't fit so nicely like they do on focuses and mustangs, but its better than no lip IMO. thx for the criticizm guys

I think it looks great from the front and side - it's that 3/4 angle that's a little off. Could you pull back and do some full-car shots? It's hard to get a real sense of flow when the pictures are cropped in so tightly.

Does it do anything for the handling by deflecting air from under the car ? Does the steering feel heavier at higher speeds ? I put something like that on a car of mine and the steering feel improved.... G.

I can't wait to see it with the bumper and it painted. Then it should look a ton better. I'm not sure if I'll ever get over the curves in it though. Great job trying something new though...

if you fiberglassed the bumper straight along the bottom(think mirko) then attached it i think it would look pretty good. then again i need a wider shot to see how it looks.

not a fan....at all.

You know some ppl on other forums (search for it) have used a thick rubber foam insulation piece with double sided tape that gives the exact same look. Would have saved you about $75 and given you the same craptastic look.

If your going to do a splitter its Mirko or nothing.

How much are those?....I think it would look really good molded in, with those two recessions that don't match the body line filled in.

Incidentally, this is the "garage door guard" variant (CEG user Twang):

frontlip1vn6.jpg

frontlip3wv0.jpg

frontlip4ka3.jpg

frontlip2oq0.jpg

Back