• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mach1 lip say wha?

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
yes i should have covered my license numbers lol

yes my front bumper is garbage and i need a trim ring for my grille. but enough about that. check it out. not bad for 80 bucks new eh?

l_99eacea36c4c4be889144ab33c26695e.jpg

l_0e5bdec4fb844dcfb2bd2d1187a2484a.jpg

its a mach1 lip from ford. got it from steve at tousley. he acutally talked me into trying it. now he'll probably sell more lol

oh and it doesnt fit good at all. you gotta cut each end obviously, and also in a few places you gotta put notches into where it mounts so it'll flex to follow the bumper lines. its not bad though, and you can rack it off curbs all you want, it'lll just spring back!

once the bumper is painted and the lip is paint matched too it'll be sexy. hopefully by SZ but probably not.

you guys are starting to sound like FCO over here...... one sided $%$#ks lol

doesn't flow?

totally disagree. it flows better than the mirko, this one actually follows the shape of the bumper instead of making a flat lip on the front. i agree its not ever going to be as nice as a mirko, but even CSVT#49 liked it in person (please back me up mike, i'm gettin tore up here! LOL)

It looks okay...i guess i'm spoiled since i've had my mirko since i bought the car.

Try to get more pictures with it out in the drive way :shrug: I would like to see some more angle shots if possible.

I bet painted and maybe molded to the bumper, and it wouldn't look bad.

And you don't need to worry about your plate. No one can do anything with the number.....DMV won't give any info out on who owns a plate.

doesn't flow?

totally disagree. it flows better than the mirko, this one actually follows the shape of the bumper instead of making a flat lip on the front. i agree its not ever going to be as nice as a mirko, but even CSVT#49 liked it in person (please back me up mike, i'm gettin tore up here! LOL)

CSVT#49 isn't going to sway anyone's opinion. You posted 3 pictures that make it look like a pretty non-worthwhile mod. Maybe you should have waited until it was all painted and perfect if you weren't ready for people giving their opinion? Either way, you did something different and you seem to like it. CEG isn't driving your car.

Mark

cool. yeah i should clean it up. it rains a lot lately....... so i dont wash till the weekend.

the front end of this thing is so damaged by rock chips, a crack in teh front bumper, and scrapes on teh bottom of the bumper from driveways that its not even worth cleaning up for more pics. once i get the front end redone and paint it all, it'll be sweet. i wanna mold it, but i'm not sure how that'lll hold up with both the bumper and the lip being plastic. i want it to flex so it won't crack the paint on teh bumper or anything.

Meh... A for effort, but I think there are too many curves on the bottom of the SVT to make it work.

That being said, I think it would look pretty good on a non SVT (there was a guy who did it to his pre98 that looks poopy since he mounted it upside down...)

Back